Burning in XP and 2000

racketboy

Established Member
Ok, I just upped all the machines in my "fleet" to either Win2K or XP. Unfortunately some of the goodies I liked to use don't work anymore.

What is a good program to use to burn SCD and Saturn games with?

What is a good replacement for EZCD Pro for doing ISO + MP3/WAV?

What program is most reliable do a normal backup of an orignal? Disc Juggler works most of the time for me, but I could get a copy made of my X-Men COTA original.

Nero wouldn't work, nor would CDRWin.

Also CDRWin won't recognize my USB burner -- I guess it only like IDE or SCSI??????

I have all the current ASPI drivers for the OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

ok nevermind
laugh.gif

What is a good replacement for EZCD Pro for doing ISO + MP3/WAV?

You can try Sony CD Extreme, that is what I have been using on XP and I haven't had any problems with it. It works with burners that are not Sony too, I don't own a my Sony burner anymore. You can probably get it off of a file sharing program, like kazaa, and depending on the version that you get you may need to download the XP update for it from sony.com.

If you do get Sony CD Extreme you just need to open up a new audio job and drag & drop the tracks in order and select TAO (if your burner will burn TAO) and burn away.

yeah but recently windows 95 was dropped out of the compatibility list for TONS of sotware and 98 will be next... ???

Originally posted by vdub@Aug. 14 2002, 11:08 am

You can try Sony CD Extreme, that is what I have been using on XP and I haven't had any problems with it. It works with burners that are not Sony too, I don't own a my Sony burner anymore. You can probably get it off of a file sharing program, like kazaa, and depending on the version that you get you may need to download the XP update for it from sony.com.

If you do get Sony CD Extreme you just need to open up a new audio job and drag & drop the tracks in order and select TAO (if your burner will burn TAO) and burn away.

ok thanks -- I'll try that soon

Any other suggestions?

i was gona recommend cdrwin or fireburner. so it looks like u may beed to update drivers, or get a new burner. for burning, i think cdrwin is the best, it has never failed me(ver 4.0a)

Originally posted by klakalou@Aug. 15 2002, 2:16 pm

i was gona recommend cdrwin or fireburner. so it looks like u may beed to update drivers, or get a new burner. for burning, i think cdrwin is the best, it has never failed me(ver 4.0a)

I use them on my other machines, but on my laptop I use my USB Sony drive. It's always worked before. It's not like its a no-name drive.

I have current drivers and everything. They just must not like external drives.

I would recommend to change the driver of the usb burner, the aspi layer and the ide driver.

My winxp refuses to work with my old hp 8200e and I don't have time to uninstall this piece of shit.
angry.gif

i actually have XP and use all the old skhool tools with no problem..... i don't see why any one else does......

maybe its the compatable windows update i got

Forgot to mention this before.

Maybe you could try ForceASPI (search for it using google) it solved my problems using Nero, Fireburner & Mkisofs. CDRWIN still does won't burn with my burner, but it will read from it just fine.

Don't use force aspi, jsut go to ahead.de and get their aspi drivers, that way, you only need to copy a dll or 2 and therefore can be easily removed.

Just out of curiosity, what version of ASPI do you have? Check with ASPI version checker. If that link doesn't work, try this one.

Originally posted by racketboy+Aug. 15 2002, 6:24 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Aug. 15 2002, 6:24 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-klakalou@Aug. 15 2002, 2:16 pm

I use them on my other machines, but on my laptop I use my USB Sony drive. It's always worked before. It's not like its a no-name drive.

I have current drivers and everything. They just must not like external drives.[/b][/quote]

Back