Buyrite - are they bad at all ?

Hi guys ....

I discovered BuyRite online shop ....

Anyone have already ordered from them ??

I've sent an e-mail to them asking about the availability of some products as they are marked as "prePlayed" games and I don't want to pay for some games and finally receiving an e-mail some days after telling me that 5 games on 6 are not available anymore ! ....

After 4 days they didn't reply me yet ...

And I've searchied in some forums and usually people doesn't look to like them .... They got bad experiences ...

But I would really like to know if it's possible to do something with them, cause they have some 3DO titles I really want to have .... And they are cheaper than if I find them on ebay ...

So, I would really appreciate if some could tell if their avaibility is good or not and if they don't steal money or make problems when some ordered items are no more available ...

thanks!

Buyrite is not my cup of tea. I went through them once to purchase a brand new Neo Geo CD when they were still on the market in '99. I received everything in about a week, but one of the Neo CD's door hinges broke off during shipping and the door was crooked. I tried to e-mail them to get a replacement on my order, but not anyone replied to it. I ended up getting some clear super glue and fixed the damn thing myself. I would not recommend buyrite unless you are purchasing just games. My KOF '98 and Metal Slug 2 were in flawless shape when I got them with the Neo CD. It seems that their modes of communication really falter though.

i agree with Alpha.

Ive heard lots of horror stories about Buy-Rite. Ive only dealt with them once, back before the Dreamcast was released, I ordered a Japanese one with 2 games, VMU, and an arcade stick. They sent it all in one big box. No padding, no nothing. they just threw the stuff into a box and shipped it. Everything WAS ok when I got it, but that method of packing is just terrible.

hmmm,

Thank you guys for you replies ....

so, their really problem seems to be NO SUPPORT AT ALL !!!

that's why I'm afraid ordering fro used games that appear on their online games list ... They will surely have some titles not available, unless they really update their list each time someone buy something ... I really doubt about it ...

so, what will happens ?! will they ship only what they have and steal my money or what ?! If they don't send e-mails at all I don't see what they could do ...

The worst in all this is that they mention on their page to e-mail about the availability of products !!! ??? REALLY ???

I've sent them 3 e-mails at all and after 6 open days I still didn't received a thing ....

I think that what I'll have to do is to try buying only 3-4 titles for the first time and after that I'll see if I can buy any more else ......

Ah, I've made a buying simulation by adding some items and making a total including shipping and I found that their shipping rates are really high !!! Only 1 3DO game of 4.99$ + shipping to canada cost about 20.50$ !!! 15.50$ for shipping ???? In reality it cost about 4-5$ max ...

But I found too that by adding 2-3 other games the shipping was not more expensive ....

Anyway, so I'll test them one time !

thanks again ...

I recieved thunderforce 5 for Saturn from them for free once
biggrin.gif

Ordered COD and they never collected, just dropped it at the door and left

i Was gonna buy a ps2 package from them a few months ago and sent paypal payment to them and they didn't respond after a month's worth of emailing them so I finally got paypal to send my payment back to me and still no email response back from buy-rite. The communication is very rare from this website and you never know if your going to get product from them from other stories I've heard from friends. I wouldn't recommend this website to others even though it look "legit". I warn you now!!

Back