C4 - 2005 & 2006 discussion

The C4 countdown starts: 10 days to go :smash !

Everybody push as much polish in your entries as you can!

You probably can imagine that the majority of those who will download and play the C4 CD will be using Saturn homebrew for the very first time.

They may have never noticed Saturn hombrew before. It's up to us to make them come along again. So it's all about the first impression, let's not disappoint them :agree .

FYI: the full screen image size for customizing the C4 CD might be incrreased from 352x224 to 352x448 or even 704x448. So best make an image of size 704x448 which looks good with 352x224, too.

This is only importand for all people whose C4 entries use CDDA:

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to support CDDA start track number by Atlas. So it is needed to hardcode the CDDA start track into the entries themself. This is plain easy, make a

#define START_TRACK_NO 2

and when playing a track, always add START_TRACK_NO to your track number.

If you tell me the number of CDDA tracks you are using,

I tell you the appropriate START_TRACK_NO for your entry on the C4 CD.

To build a standalone version, use START_TRACK_NO 2, to build a C4 CD version, use the number that I supply you.

I'm sorry, but there is no other way. The sooner you tell me your number of CDDA tracks, the sooner I can create the disc.

Thanks everybody,

Rockin'-B

When is the exact deadline? I know its tomorrow nov 30... but is that 11:59PM GMT? Or sometime locally before Dec 1st?

Sounds good. Time to cram in coding and most likely an all nighter ;)... For those of you in the americas that are too lazy to convert between the time zones the PST deadline is 2:59PM while EST is 5:59PM tomorrow Nov 30th.

This is the last day of the C4. All contestants must submit their entries before midnight of today, 30th november 2005. Please note that the timezone used is CET.

Everybody please check the rules again. I'm really mean every contestant. Go read the rules and make sure your entry complies to all of them.

Those who use CDDA, please tell me the number of tracks you use. I'll then give you a start track number to use for the C4 CD version (like described before).

Please submit your entry in ISO/MP3/CUE format via e-mail to C4_2005@rockin-b.de. If it's more than 5MB, please upload it elsewhere (www.megaupload.com, www.savefile.com) and e-mail a link only.

Good luck :) !

Originally posted by vbt@Wed, 2005-11-30 @ 03:56 PM

Entry sent too

[post=142138]Quoted post[/post]​

My entry was sent too before the deadline only now posting. That makes a total of 4 entries.

I want to thank all contestants for their C4 entry :cheers and all their work to get it done in time :banana . Due to my experience, I know to appreciate what you did. Thanks a lot for your support :agree !

I'm sorry for the delay, judging will start tomorrow.

I've just thought the preliminary C4CD for the judges was done, when I did some final testing and discovered that one entry did not show any sprites on Atlas. Well, my mood went down and I did a lot of research, even tried it with the old SX contest CD and guess what....it worked!

Okay, I discovered (thank god!) that the CPU clock change implied in my screen resolution was the reason for that. So I need to switch to "only" 640x480 pixels. I hate decreasing the resolution, but it makes things work. I only need to modify the bg image, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

This problem is undocumented in the FLD manuals.

Originally posted by vreuzon@Tue, 2005-12-06 @ 11:32 AM

vbt, reinhart, (others) what did you program for the contest ? Screenshots ?

[post=142260]Quoted post[/post]​

Hehe, I already played all the entries :p .

BTW: I would appreciate if someone would like to make screenshots of the final C4CD.

I've also played all of them and am in the process of recording my opinions. I don't know any of the names or reputations attached to the programmers, so you can be assured of my impartiality in this matter.

I did love it when I viewed the credits screen and saw my name. Will that be on the final C4 CD?

I do notice some people (you know who you are) have been a bit naughty - Start+A+B+C is not always the exit combo. Tut tut.

Originally posted by Quick Man@Tue, 2005-12-06 @ 06:20 PM

I did love it when I viewed the credits screen and saw my name.

Arg, i've lost a point :( I forgot to thank judges.

Originally posted by vbt@Tue, 2005-12-06 @ 12:42 PM

Arg, i've lost a point :( I forgot to thank judges.

[post=142270]Quoted post[/post]​

I forgot to thank the judges as well. So thank you judges... I did thank the people from segaxtreme and sega-16 :p though...Which does include some of the judges :p.

And yes i didnt use the start +a+b+c as the exit code because i wanted to test it out on my lappy which doesnt support as many similtanious key presses. It also works for anyone testing it out on emulators.I did list in main/menu screen what to press though as well as in the control page.

FYI I cant spell ;)

Again thank you judges.

Okay that was weird... an empty reply with a me quoting myself. Anyways lets see screen shoots

mygame.JPG

Thats my game without a background.

Back