CAble TV noise?

Ok well I got my new panasonic system all set up and everything seems to be working fine.. but one problem i found is with my tv and the cable line to it. When the cable is plugged into the tv i get a lot of static when i try to play music from the computer on the system, but if i take out the cable wire from the tv all is fine. Is there anyting that can remove this interference from my cable line?

ExCyber

Staff member
It's hard to be 100% sure of the cause, but from what you're describing you might want to give RadioShack 27-054 (between the receiver/amp output and the TV) and/or 15-579 (between the cable and TV) a shot.

And yes, I do work for RadioShack. :ph34r:

ExCyber

Staff member
Pretty much. You can punch them into radioshack.com (exploiting one of the few virtues of the search engine) if you want more info on them, I was kind of in a hurry when I posted that. 27-504 is an audio ground loop isolator (looks like a black cylinder with two sets of RCA plugs), and 15-579 is an RF interference filter for TV cable.

Well since the RF Interference Filter is the cheaper of the two things you described I think ill try it first. Also considering the fact that as soon as i unplug the RF from the TV the problem is solved I think it is the main culprit.

But this brings up a second question, some surge protectors offer cable TV protection and say the eliminate noise such as the 61-2431. It says that it has a 40db noise filter would this also do the same thing as the RF Interfernece filter? I need to get a better surge protector for all my stuff.. so maybe i can kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Ok well i did some testing... and i found that the only the pc causes the distortion.. maybe my audio card is bad? I dunno.. If i hook up any other device and play music through it i dont get any noise...