CAble TV noise?

Ok well I got my new panasonic system all set up and everything seems to be working fine.. but one problem i found is with my tv and the cable line to it. When the cable is plugged into the tv i get a lot of static when i try to play music from the computer on the system, but if i take out the cable wire from the tv all is fine. Is there anyting that can remove this interference from my cable line?

It's hard to be 100% sure of the cause, but from what you're describing you might want to give RadioShack 27-054 (between the receiver/amp output and the TV) and/or 15-579 (between the cable and TV) a shot.

And yes, I do work for RadioShack. :ph34r:

Pretty much. You can punch them into radioshack.com (exploiting one of the few virtues of the search engine) if you want more info on them, I was kind of in a hurry when I posted that. 27-504 is an audio ground loop isolator (looks like a black cylinder with two sets of RCA plugs), and 15-579 is an RF interference filter for TV cable.

Well since the RF Interference Filter is the cheaper of the two things you described I think ill try it first. Also considering the fact that as soon as i unplug the RF from the TV the problem is solved I think it is the main culprit.

But this brings up a second question, some surge protectors offer cable TV protection and say the eliminate noise such as the 61-2431. It says that it has a 40db noise filter would this also do the same thing as the RF Interfernece filter? I need to get a better surge protector for all my stuff.. so maybe i can kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Ok well i did some testing... and i found that the only the pc causes the distortion.. maybe my audio card is bad? I dunno.. If i hook up any other device and play music through it i dont get any noise...

Back