Cannot visit segaxtreme.net using Comast

Has anyone else been having issues visiting segaxtreme.net using Comcast? I can reach the site from my work's ISP and my cellular connection (AT&T in the US), but I consistently get a "Server took too long to respond" error every time I attempt to visit the site with my personal Comcast account. I've been observing this problem for the past week. If there is a problem with Comcast, it may have started a while ago since I've been away from segaxtreme.net for a while.

Hmm that's a pretty strange problem to have. I don't have Comcast but maybe Comcast's DNS server is having issues? Have you tried switching to a different DNS server. Or maybe if you're trying to access it from a Windows desktop you can try ipconfig /flushdns. I guess also running speed test or a ping might help pinpoint the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm planning on spending some more time looking into the issue tonight. A quick Google search yesterday brought up a few similar stories about Comcast incorrectly blocking random websites. The affected users complained and were able to get the problem resolved, but spending an hour on the phone with Comcast support is never any fun.

Yeah never any fun dealing with the telecom companies. They'll go through their stupid script of questions like "Is your modem turned on?" lol :banghead:

Comcast was having major issues across the US yesterday, it made several news sites. Are you still having an issue?

I wasn't able to test my Comcast connection yesterday or today. However, I've been experiencing the problem for at least a week, and was starting to get nervous that SegaXtreme had been shutdown.

I avoid a lot of similar problems by telling my router to use specific DNS servers. Google's is easy to remember. 8.8.8.8.

Google or Level3, some people like to use OpenDNS.

I've had more issues with Google public dns then Level3 personally, but either is going to be hands down better then most ISP dns.

Back