Capcom Generations 4

computolio

I revently came across a rip of Capcom Generations 4 for the Saturn. Upon burning it, I discovered that it has the same issues as Gun Frontier and possibly a few other games- it won't play the right music unless the audio tracks are spaced correctly. It may not even be a very good rip- I'm hearing millisecond-long traces of audio from the previous track at the beginning of each track.

There may still be hope though, if anyone can provide a CUE file for that game. Better yet, does anyone know of a Saturn CUE file repository somewhere? A lot of games have very strange gap settings, rendering the Saturn CUE Maker useless.

I can't brute-force this game the way I did Gun Frontier- it has 65 audio tracks and I absolutely do not have the time or the money. Can anyone help?

-duncan

archiver

>>There may still be hope though, if anyone can provide a CUE file for that game. Better yet, does anyone know of a Saturn CUE file repository somewhere? A lot of games have very strange gap settings, rendering the Saturn CUE Maker useless.

I don't think any cuesheet's going to do you any good if the tracks have been shifted to the point where they're spilling outside their length boundaries.

computolio

Originally posted by archiver@Sep. 02 2002, 6:47 pm

I don't think any cuesheet's going to do you any good if the tracks have been shifted to the point where they're spilling outside their length boundaries.
True. But a CUE sheet generated from the original game might have the start points for every track. It'd be hard work, but I might be able to shift the music into the right locations if I used something like that as a guide. I've done it before on a much smaller game and it worked pretty well- obviously this will take longer.

It depends though. It'd be easier to hunt down a better rip of the game, but I don't know if one exists or not. Are there any GOOD rips of Capcom Generations 4 floating about that have their CUE file?

-duncan