CD32/Amiga mouse capabilities

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
quick question...i want to get a mouse for my CD32 and just wanted to make sure that the amiga mice are compatible with the unit and if there are any that might not be.

thanks!

The CD32 was basically a CD equipped Amiga 1200 with the addition of a custom chip, the Akiko, for the so-called "chunky-to-planar" graphics conversion process and to act as the CD controller. I don't see why it wouldn't accept a common Amiga mouse, since the mouse port is also the same.

Being that the CD32 is a console, I'd exclude any light pen/graphics tablet/funky accessory which would require additional drivers. But a mouse would just plug in and play, wouldn't it?

Dunno, am I missing the point here?

KiT

Get urself the offical black amiga mouse , its the most likely to work and if it don't it looks cool neways
smile.gif

Amiga4Eva

when i was big with this console (back in the day) i used to write the FAQS on the system, i would explore what the cd 32 could do... well, the mouse is available, and can be used, and is used inorder to do a software mod.  Inother words, by plugging the mouse into the second controller port and holding down i think it was both buttons during boot-up w/o a game the menu comes on and the system can now be manipulated to  boot in PAL and/or NTSC via graphical menus.  
wink.gif

life was fun back then..............

To reiterate, any amiga mouse will work on the cd32 and will also let you get access to the boot menu. My recommendation is the Wizard 560dpi optical. It comes in white or black, its small, 3 button, and smooth.

However, genny/md/etc mice use a different wiring. I was unable to get these mice running on any amiga I ever owned. The genny/md/atari2600/c64/etc joysticks will work on amiga tho. If they have any LED's on them, the controller will need to be in joyport 1 tho in order to work.

-RUiNa

is it possible to use a standard COM mouse, or a PS/2 mouse ? i got CD32, bur have only used a cool game control.. :devil

Back