CDRWIN problem when opening .CUE file, HELP Needed

With file names of

* lastbronxcd1arcade.BIN

* lastbronxcd1arcade.CUE

I thought that was the case. It appears that the Japanese and US/Euro versions are significantly different and antime's cuesheet would never have worked properly, regardless of the fact the tracks were 'cooked'.

Have you tried CDmage yet? I really want to know if it will work.

Originally posted by mal@July 14 2002,15:14

antime was your cuesheet from a US or Euro version of Last Bronx?

Euro version. I should have mentioned it, sorry.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@July 14 2002,02:46

Actually, modifying the MODE for the 2nd data track to MODE1 on the cue sheet didn't work; I've just sacrificed a CD-R (successful burn BTW) to find out it just hangs there in a blank screen after booting up.

The first data track (MODE1) is roughly 7 seconds long meaning it holds about 1 MB of data. The 2nd data track (MODE2) is over 8 minutes long and holds about 72.7 MB of data. This implies almost all of the game data (including about 46 MB of True Motion Video *.AVI) is stored in the 2nd data track (MODE2). Burning the 2nd data track incorrectly (i.e., changing its MODE) is most likely the cause for the game to hang after booting up.

Press start to skip the video and you will be able to play (it worked with victory goal 96 worlwide edition).

I found that in old burners like mine, to burn these cds correctly, you need a "clone" software like clonecd or blindread/blindwrite.

Anyways, fireburner works for me, I don't know why.

Man am I happy!

Finally got it to work, used BlindWrite to load the cuesheet, and burnt it using the Writing Mode DAO Pw.

And everything works perfectly. Thanx Gear, for suggesting using other programs like BlindWrite.

I suggest that if you've got a cuesheet which starts something like:

FILE "<gamefilename>.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 MODE2/2352

PREGAP 00:03:00

you should use BlindWrite, if you having trouble burning the game in CDRWIN or Fireburner.

Congrats, Triad! Good work, Gear, for the suggestion.

Originally posted by Gear@July 14 2002,13:00

Press start to skip the video and you will be able to play (it worked with victory goal 96 worlwide edition).

I found that in old burners like mine, to burn these cds correctly, you need a "clone" software like clonecd or blindread/blindwrite.

Anyways, fireburner works for me, I don't know why.

Nope, pressing Start didn't work. I've tried that as well as pressing other buttons, still didn't work. Burning with the correct cue (MODE1+MODE2+AUDIO) sheet as I have mentioned above worked fine though. I've used CDRWin in both cases.

It's nice to see a thanks.
smile.gif

I would help us if we know the burner model and os, to state some compatibility list.

Gear, the burner that I have got is:

* HP CD-Writer Plus 9200i

and the windows which I am using is Windows XP.

klakalou, do you only have the bin file for the game?

Triad,

Try burning with Nero 5.5.xx just pump your cd image or cuesheet in the burn from cd image option and it should run smoothly. From past experiences (well more recent then not) I had alot of cuesheet errors with CDRWIN. Since switching over to Nero, no matter how messy or odd the cuesheet is it loads it, reads it, and burns it without question. Also addressing the write method, 99.95% of the time DAO or DAO96 works. But whatever works is whatever get the Data burned on the disc.

Of course scoop youself up a copy here:

http://www.ahead.de/

Hope that helps you.

Back