Cell phones

mtxblau

Mid Boss
I have an Ericsson R280LX, and it's treated me well for time that I've used it. However, I want something smaller, and something that doesn't get so hot after 30 minutes on the phone.

I also want internet access, because I use it fairly frequently (stuck in traffic often).

I'm thinking the Ericsson T68i, when it finally gets released in this area. Are there any other phones anyone knows of that has these features? Possibly for less? I will never use any of the graphic nonsense that the T68 has, so that's not an issue.

Oh, yes, it's gotta work on a TDMA network (AT&T).

Well, I'm quite happy with my Nokia 5519 (The one with a full keyboard and MP3 player/radio/radio-MP3 recorder) it's got internet accsess which is n't too bad as well....

Not sure how much they cost on their own, but I got it for free at www.o2.co.uk... £20 a month, completly free internet, 600 free texts and cheap calls
smile.gif

Best (pointless) phones in germany...

I mean mp3, tv built in, um GAMES with joysticks...LIKE GEEZ! Get a life!

Im happy with mine....one simple blockbuster, and internet

i use a nokia 6210, have that one so i can get mail on the pocket pc. Its quite a nice one, and i pay £15 a month for 50 free minutes a day (off peak)

falstaff leave the INregion package alone..... The intown plan is MUCH better! (And dont try to tell me your not using NTelos) =P

In HK you can get thin small phones which open up on the side (As if the phone was a mini coffin... The kind in the 007 movie Tomorow never dies). Inside is a widescreen Color LCD display with pen and keyboard (Like a mini organizer).

While all of these are good leads, most of these phones are GSM and/or CDMA. The U.S. is really far behind as far as cell phone technology goes (I guess the interest isn't high enough) so I'll have to wait till Cingular gets all the new towers up (which is approx. two years from now).

AT&T uses a TDMA network, which I know isn't as great as CDMA, but I really, REALLY like the plan I have now ($30 for 400 daytime, unlimited nights/weekend/holiday, premium internet, nationwide long distance, 3-way calling, etc. - yes, I do use all those things).

As it stands, I suppose I should save up for that T68i. It truly is amazing... although it's nothing like what's already overseas, I know.

to respond to cecelia chan's post why not get a trium mondo and have one that runs win CE and connects to wireless broadband!

As a matter of fact cecilia, i got one of those on my trip to HK. it is a videophone, mp3 player, graphic originizer, heart surgan, spiritual guru, and comes complete with lazer death ray and changeable faceplate!!!!! And they are so COMMON JUST LIKE THOSE SATURN PASS THRU MODS!

Ok i'm just kidding, i got what fallstaff and mysticales has. Kyocera qualcomm with brick attack and internet
smile.gif
. I just wish it was compatible with those services which let you download ringtones off the internet.

Nah, most name ringtones sound crappy, like if you get a band you like, sounds horrid...

The only 2 I got that sounded any good were Mario and Zelda tunes... but I get slightly embaressed when they go off in public
smile.gif

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@May 28 2002,14:55

Nah, most name ringtones sound crappy, like if you get a band you like, sounds horrid...

The only 2 I got that sounded any good were Mario and Zelda tunes... but I get slightly embaressed when they go off in public
smile.gif

Cool. I rock at programming ringtones, i managed to program that chromaticly scaled bastard of a theme to harry potter!

My mother complaned when i gave her my old 3210 and it kept playing the theme to xenon 2
smile.gif

i currently choose between said xenon 2, the axel f tune that comes free with logomanager and harry potter in case my mother deletes it off hers

Originally posted by Mysticales@May 28 2002,11:18

falstaff leave the INregion package alone..... The intown plan is MUCH better! (And dont try to tell me your not using NTelos) =P

NTelos? Sorry Myst but I'm a bit backward when it comes to terms like that. And I know I sound stupid but what does that mean? By the way, I have a sprint pcs plan.
blush.gif

GallStaff --> Even Nokia is manufacturing similar phones with a color widescreen display. Here is a link to a phone nokia-asia sells. Its quite similar to other Chinese/Japanese brands, minus the stylus screen. The front looks exactly like a phone, but since its so compact and the battery is so small, when you open it, its really hiding a personal organizer. The only thing is, im not sure if Asian phones will work in the US or not.

http://nokia-asia.com/nokia_a....00.html

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 27 2002,21:43

The only thing is, im not sure if Asian phones will work in the US or not.

In as few words as possible, nope. Cingular is the only company that I know of that is making an attempt to support these phones. However, right now, no go.

All things considered, the demand really isn't that high. There have been several PDA type phones (Verizon, Sprint) and they haven't done well at all.

Internet phones haven't done well either. It seems people in the U.S. are content with silly text messaging (stupid pagers).

The T68 is a really flashy phone, but look at it - it's the U.S.'s newest phone, but this kind of thing has been out overseas for years.

Someday we'll catch up (I hope).

Originally posted by falstaff+May 28 2002,10:22--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(falstaff @ May 28 2002,10:22)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mysticales@May 28 2002,11:18

NTelos? Sorry Myst but I'm a bit backward when it comes to terms like that. And I know I sound stupid but what does that mean? By the way, I have a sprint pcs plan.
blush.gif
[/b][/quote]

So Sprint decided to clone them eh?

InTown plan was UNLIMITED local calling! for 50$ I used it more.....never needed my home phone, if someone wanted me, boom they had me. Was great =)

i only ever have to use my land line if i have to make a call during the day, which is a rare thing. I have one of nokia's box phones but it is thin and doesnt weigh very much.

Back