Cheap ass saturn!!!

I just brought a MK-1 saturn for 20 quid! With 4 games thrown in for nothin'!...(wipeout, panzer dragoon 2, VF2 and sega rally)...not bad eh?

Time to party!!!!

:party

Next step....get a mod chip.......

yea, sure!....why not!
biggrin.gif

:party :beerchug

I got mine for $0. I win
tongue.gif

I frequently go to this one game shop in my town (the only good one) so the owner knows me well and he just asked me if I wanted it. Needed a power cord but I just switch up with my Dc when I'm not using that. I also got alot of free SMS stuff.

Free stuff rules.

But man, off ebay for $4.50 is a great deal, I wish I had spotted that. But to much talk, time to join the party
cool.gif

:party

---Ammut

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@Feb 20, 2003 @ 06:42 AM

I just brought a MK-1 saturn for 20 quid! With 4 games thrown in for nothin'!...(wipeout, panzer dragoon 2, VF2 and sega rally)...not bad eh?

*snip*

Next step....get a mod chip.......

Not likely if you've got a 20 pin Saturn.
sad.gif

Originally posted by mal+Feb 19, 2003 @ 07:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Feb 19, 2003 @ 07:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gaz_2_k@Feb 20, 2003 @ 06:42 AM

I just brought a MK-1 saturn...

Not likely if you've got a 20 pin Saturn.
sad.gif
[/b][/quote]

The question IS, did he really mean a model-1 Saturn, or an MK-80001 one... Which leads me to wonder, my Saturn is a model-2 and says MK-80000A ... what could the 1 be... I know that PAL models go by the MK-8x2xx number (right?).... Oh... The confusion....
blink.gif

I think Model 2 saturns have the 'A' in their model #, whereas Model 1 Saturns don't.

Or at least I'm pretty sure that's what Euro Saturns have.

Originally posted by Gaz_2_k@Feb 20, 2003 @ 10:16 AM

sweet!!!!!!!! hahhhaaaa....no mod needed!
tongue.gif

er!....so can anyone point me in the direction of a swap disc faq/thingy?

Umm.... LOL ... sorry. But, uh, when mal said "no modding for you," that was supposed to be bad news. <_<

You see, to actually play backups, one needs a mod chip regardless of what model Saturn one has - but model-1 models (pardon the redundancy here) use a 20-pin cable to the CD drive, rather than a 21-pin one, and 20-pin modboards are virtually impossible to find.

The swap trick is quite a bit of work from what I hear, and you'll be stuck with it unless you pick up a model-2 Saturn.
tongue.gif
Sorry to bust your party....

Umm.... LOL ... sorry. But, uh, when mal said "no modding for you," that was supposed to be bad news.

You see, to actually play backups, one needs a mod chip regardless of what model Saturn one has - but model-1 models (pardon the redundancy here) use a 20-pin cable to the CD drive, rather than a 21-pin one, and 20-pin modboards are virtually impossible to find.

The swap trick is quite a bit of work from what I hear, and you'll be stuck with it unless you pick up a model-2 Saturn. Sorry to bust your party....

since the post made by Curtis, i have got shining force 3 and STHA to run without a mod......VertigoXX is right...swap trick on a Model 1 sat is easy!

Back