Checking the Shrink Wrap

Hello,

I was wondering how one would go about checking the shrink wrap on a Saturn game that was advertised as "new, sealed." I just got a Panzer Dragoon Saga and I want to make sure that it wasn't re-sealed by the seller. Does anyone know how to check and make sure that the seal is authentic. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Generally factory wrapped stuff will use folds on two edges (usually the top and bottom sides). Self wrapped stuff will generally just have a single line seal along each side. If the wrapping looks like it was folded on itself on the top and bottom (kinda how you do with the sides of xmas presents) then it's probably original. If it looks like heat shrink stuff then it was rewrapped.

Unless you want to keep it sealed, just giving a look at the goods (absolute scratchless disk, pristine manual...) will show if the game was used before. If everything is in a perfect condition probably it is new.

By the way, being a game so good and with so little copies made (5,000) the factory sealed ones should be very rare.

SAGA seems to be rare, AZEL obviously isn´t. Already got 2 of those off ebay pretty cheap (around 25Euros each), both shrinkwrapped and with all goodies, spince card, bonus flyer etc... they really were new! Sadly, I sold both because my knowledge of the japanese language is nonexistant, one went to a friend though where we started playing it for some time.

Back