Christmas is almost here

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Dec 10, 2003 @ 11:08 PM

Meh, anyways, I was thinking of getting a pimped out cellphone, you know a cmeara phone that can emulate the ngage and is actually good instead of a sieways taco.

*shrugs*

I'm not really hip into the phone scene, so I'm not sure what you're looking at (I do know what the N'Gage is.. a POS). But take this for what it's worth. Verizon has a "new-every-two" plan. This allows me to get $100 off a new phone every two years, if I extend my contract for another two years at the time I cash in on the deal. Why is that important? Because it allowed me to get the LG VX6000. I didn't buy it because I wanted a pimped out phone, I bought it cuz I could get it for free after rebates and I might as well. Plus the antenna on my old phone was ready to fall off.

That said: it's nice, but it's nothing special. I still have yet to buy a cable so I can get the pics from it to my PC. The cable is ~$30 without software. But there's free stuff I can use when I get it. The games are total shite. No matter what they try and tell you, they blow and aren't worth the price. Some games like solitaire are worth it so you can have something to do when you're really bored, but that's about it (like when you're waiting for your g/f to try on clothes or something).

I don't really get the whole cell phone thing. The ring tones are neato and all, but totally NOT worth the price you have to pay for them. The whole "Get-It-Now" thing Verizon has is just a huge waste of money. I can almost guarantee it would be the same for any other service/phone.

I'll confess, once I get the cable it'll be cool to have the phone feature. There have been times where I wished I had a camera and didn't. Now I probably will. But even that's something I could do without.

/end mini-rant

Feet of Fury's not exactly like DDR*, you should pick it up and get a PS=>DC converter if you already have a PS dance mat.

The music...hmm, well, it's different. Personally, I like it better than anything I've heard come out of DDR. There's only ~20 songs, but it's worth it for $15 ($5 price drop, I picked up a second copy, heh).

*Well, yeah duh it's a dancing sim, but it's what they had in mind when they were making it. It's focused more on competition against another person, and yeah, the music, I love the music.

mal and Curtis: do you guys celebrate Christmas the same time we north hemispheric people do? If so, how does it feel to have Christmas during the summer? 😀

Interesting thought, all of the snowy Xmas sleigh rides and, gasp, Santa must be smoldering in that heat. Maybe he'll be smart like Mario and wear a T-shirt.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Dec 10, 2003 @ 07:47 PM

mal and Curtis: do you guys celebrate Christmas the same time we north hemispheric people do? If so, how does it feel to have Christmas during the summer? 😀

Heh - that question is a bit like the time my (older) brother asked if a calender made in the southern hemisphere would work in the northern hemisphere. 😉

Of course we celebrate Christmas at the same time! :lol: Jesus was born on the same day, right?

It feels great - usually it's warm and sunny. There's the boxing day Test Match (cricket; Australia kicks visiting country's arse) or the Sydney-to-Hobart yacht race (if that boils your noodle). Usually our family has a Christmas day lunch, we get presents.

Apart from the whole "white Christmas" thing (which frankly sounds like a miserable way to spend Christmas, weather permitting), I'd imagine Christmas "down under" is much like it is "upstairs". 🙂

Originally posted by Curtis@Dec 11, 2003 @ 11:00 AM

Of course we celebrate Christmas at the same time! :lol: Jesus was born on the same day, right?

In all likelihood, He was not born in December at all. The placement of the Holiday is meant to line up with the pagan Saturnalia (sp?) festival.

In all likelihood, He was not born in December at all. The placement of the Holiday is meant to line up with the pagan Saturnalia (sp?) festival.

Indeed, that's where the tradition of gift giving on christmas came from as well if I remember correctly.

With that said, one time I was in hawaii on christmas, kinda cool going to the beach on christmas, and being able to wear shorts and stuff.

I love the snow.. and a christmas without snow just doenst seem right to me.. not saying places without snow on xmas suck.. i just love to see some snow falling that day.

I really like big snow storms that totally shut everything down.. theres so little time for anything these days.. its nice to see everything stop, even if its is only for a very brief time.

it rains here every weekend lately

ticks me off

always the weekends!

one of these days I wanna hit some stinking baseballs around.

can't wait to go back to MI for Christmas! (not that I'll be able to hit baseballs around, but we'll have snow instead of rain!)

I prefer rain to snow......after a rain everythng is so clean, the air smells good, etc. Snow is nice at first, then the stuff freezes solid then melts......nuffin but a mess

Back