Chrono Trigger.....II

Hi guys. Me and some others are making a new game called Chrono Trigger 2.
Here are some screen Shots (BETA).

ctad1000.gif

ctad10002.gif

ctad10003.gif

leenes square expansion:

exppande2.gif

our website is http://www.chrono-trigger2.cjb.net

right now we need people who are very learned in the CT 1 story. We need someone to hold the position of Story/Script lead. This is a very excellent oppurtunity because you will be sort of MAKING the game's whole core plot. You will be writing a script, of all the Chrono Trigger 1 characters as you wish with little suggestions from me and some others. Also, many of you ask. Why CT2? isnt Chrono Cross the sequel? we say yes it is, but we want to make a sequel with all the characters in the first one with a different story. also, new playable characters might be into play. (Johnny, Gato, *NEW*, etc). Please check it out and I hope you like it.

The Chrono Trigger II Forums

The webpage is currently under construction so the site is redirected to the forums.

:angry: ......sigh
we DID work together. until the so called leader didnt like me being the lead...even though I came up with the idea and he came 2 months after it. All there things are based from the chrono-trigger2.cjb.net project. <_< its sort of a rivalry. Still, we are the original. :lol:

hehe ok -- thought maybe that was the case.
so it's just an ego problem being the reason for the split.
Well, maybe we'll have 2 good games to play :)

I would offer to help more, but I haven't even played much of the first one -- so many good games, so little time.

But if you would like some graphics help (title screen, menus etc) I'll see what I can do.

My cousin ( goes by jackrabbit, said he posts around) told me we were on this site, and I found this so...

If you want both sides of the story,

Like I told brown, the main reason for the split was that we had different views on the project. I saw my script needing to go one way, he saw it needing to go another. I was just sputtering one day about taking my script and one programmer to go on our own, when they whole team minus one guy was behind me 100%. Working with brown was great, but our views in many areas just differed a bit too much. I saw it better in the longrun for both of us and our projects if we went our seperate ways. Think of it as double the Chrono.

You can find a script teaser and other artwork at our site http://www.chronotrigger-dt.net/ , but here's a few quick snaps:

So, that's why I created Chrono Trigger 2: Day of Thantos.
Screen6.jpg

Screen17b.jpg

Screen19.JPG

BrownMan said:
:angry: ......sigh
we DID work together. until the so called leader didnt like me being the lead...even though I came up with the idea and he came 2 months after it. All there things are based from the chrono-trigger2.cjb.net project. <_< its sort of a rivalry. Still, we are the original. :lol:
I would have to say all of your things are based off of CT2:DoT, because we've got the script, music, maps, and soon to be demo as our backbone to prove our side.

warmage_magus said:
I would have to say all of your things are based off of CT2:DoT, because we've got the script, music, maps, and soon to be demo as our backbone to prove our side.
Dude.....I reeeaaaally dont want to argue. but, all you have IS the story. hmmm lets see this in a narrower perspective:
Hmm. June 1: the CT II project is created. hmm. June 27: your project is created. So your saying we copied you? WOW :rolleyes: makes alllooot of sense hahahaha.

We're about to have a fully playable demo with 2 areas to fight, and the first scene of our game.

The fact of the matter is this: You've got overworld maps with no story. The overworld maps were ORIGINALLY designed to cooperate with my story. Hence, you've got leftovers from our game and a partially built team, whereas we are the opposite.

I never said we copied your game, but that your current material is based off of our game.

And, pardon for this blasphemic jackassery in your thread, racketboy, but I would like to finish the convy. B)

EDIT: Spelling mishaps.

hey -- discuss away
that's what forums are here for.

Spill any additional info here -- we would all like to know

BTW, thanks for the link back to my blog -- I see I got a few referals from it. I'll be more than happy to cover both of your projects if you keep me posted with any developments.
And I would appreciate any further promotion of my site and I've only been going for a few weeks now.

Your projects have been my most popular story so far :)

Cool then, as for more information on our split, you can check out the About page under my site.

I'll add your link to our site right now. =)

warmage_magus said:
We're about to have a fully playable demo with 2 areas to fight, and the first scene of our game.

The fact of the matter is this: You've got overworld maps with no story. The overworld maps were ORIGINALLY designed to cooperate with my story. Hence, you've got leftovers from our game and a partially built team, whereas we are the opposite.

I never said we copied your game, but that your current material is based off of our game.

And, pardon for this blasphemic jackassery in your thread, racketboy, but I would like to finish the convy. B)

hey dunce cap the orignal maps are from ct, not your story. :rolleyes:

racketboy said:
BTW, thanks for the link back to my blog -- I see I got a few referals from it. I'll be more than happy to cover both of your projects if you keep me posted with any developments.
And I would appreciate any further promotion of my site and I've only been going for a few weeks now.

Your projects have been my most popular story so far :)
oh btw racket boy there is another project making a seconed Chrono Trigger.
http://www.uct2.net/
the unofficial chrono trigger 2
pretty neat, 3d paper mario type heheh. :p :D :lol:

Hey guys, for more people to see this post a new post in the "Got News" forum and I will put it up on the front page.

BrownMan said:
warmage_magus said:

hey dunce cap the orignal maps are from ct, not your story. :rolleyes:
So your game's story also has 1000 AD? So, that's where it came from!

Wait, what story?

I'm done. I do not make a habit of going on peaceful forums to talk crap, nor do I flame, even when I believe the topic is flammable. So I'd appreciate it if you would like to discuss matters between us, that you keep it just that; between us. This is a public forum and I'm sure that people do not wish to see this type of jackassery, especially when the two projects are 'supposed' to be professionally handeled and created.

If you don't mind, Iceman, lock this thread and if you wish to move any part of this thread, cut it off at

racketboy "well best of luck to both parties.
Like I said, if you need any design help, let me know. "

Thanks bro.

heh wow. Anyhoo, Im not saying the CT II project will be in any professional manner, since 99% of the group is of Teens. But who knows, maybe we'll get some elite rpgmaker freak who knows more than he can handle, that'd be awesome. 2 projects, 2 games.

So your game's story also has 1000 AD? So, that's where it came from!

Wait, what story?

The story which is in the Private section of the forums which the public havent heard of yet. But, soon will be released out and people will read the script. :blink:

Back