Cinepak Libraries

Hey guys!

I would like to know if there are any cinepak libraries available... I read somewhere on the saturn dev docs, that they existed, anyone has them?

Are they already on SGL?? SBL??

In a word, no. In many words, the cinepak library is absent from the standart SGL package, and seems like the CD's that came with the Dev Kit don't carry a version of it as well.

sad.gif

So I guess nobody knows how to play cinepaks on a saturn...

How did the developers used it?

I've been trying to track down those libraries as well. It almost appears as though anything cinepak related(libraries, encoding tools, etc.) was controlled by Cinepak's owner at that time, Radius.

Cyber Warrior X

I think you can find sources to decode saturn cinepack, I had some for linux I don't know where now(maybe on an old hard disk).

But they compiled successfully and I saw Tomb Raider vid.

I think I can open my ext2fs partition on windows to see if I kept the source but I have to plug the disk before.

also you can check this prog(thanks again Weston) and his sources

It converts an avi to a saturn cpk file. so it create the header and write correctly bytes. With this you can write your own player. But I think the source I had was really easier to understand.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/vincent.bert...AviToSaturn.zip

I think you can find sources to decode saturn cinepack, I had some for linux I don't know where now(maybe on an old hard disk).

But they compiled successfully and I saw Tomb Raider vid.

Yeah, you could probably go through the mplayer(I think that was the linux program that can read them) source and try to port the code, but I'm not doing it.
wink.gif

Cyber Warrior X

Of course, you'd need to understand the data streaming method of the Saturn CD-ROM. And pray the source is fast enough (what seems to be a problem) ^^;

Back