cleaning cds

Shitface

Established Member
Hey guys, i need help with a dirty cd problem. My friend borrowed a game from his friend and left it out over night face down. The next morning his dad sprayed massive amounts of colone on and it got all over the game. By the time my friend saw this, the colone had dried up. He tried using a cd cleaner solution but it didn't get rid of the stuff.

How can you clean a cd like that?

Is he going to have to buy a whole new game?

try game doctor, it works really well, it takes off the crap so easily, and it also fixes scratchs. besides that, try an electric toothbrush, it really does work well at cleaning the cds :)

Originally posted by muffinman943@Aug 12, 2003 @ 12:20 PM

try game doctor, it works really well, it takes off the crap so easily, and it also fixes scratchs. besides that, try an electric toothbrush, it really does work well at cleaning the cds :)

Yes use a game doctor so the disc looks even more fucked up then before. An electric toothbrush? Are you trying to get him to destroy the CD?

The best cleaning solution is pure alcohol (rubbing alcohol). If this stuff doesn't get the crap off then pretty much nothing else will without damaging the surface of the disc.

/me worked at a video store. You should have seen how many of those game doctors and stuff we sold got returned within a couple hours. You also should have seen how many mildly messed up discs those things made completely screwed up and unusable.

Back