Clonaid and the media...

Okay, by now you all know some religious loonies are claiming to have cloned a human without offering any proof. Is it me, or is the way the media is handling this really unprofessional? If I had claimed two weeks ago that I made a clone in a secret lab of mine, would I be all over the front pages and on CNN? This need for 24 hour news channels to find something to talk about is, IMHO, killing whatever integrity they had left. I'm not saying Clonaid and the Raelians couldn't have cloned a human. But the fact that it's gotten blown up this big without any hard evidence is stupid. It just serves to give these people free publicity. I know I never heard of them before this ordeal. Whether or not they have a human clone, they've already accomplished their mission. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Cloneaid has the facilities (labs, scientists, computers, etc) to clone, whereas you probably don't...besides it makes little sense for them to hoax this.

Yea, and last night the alien mothership came down and told me to make a faster then light based car.....

I think its all a bunch of bull. The head guy said that he got the instructions from aliens?! WTF!?

It's interesting to the media because there's sex involved. That makes the Raelians good tabloid fodder.

One thingy really bothers me, why does everyone keep on attacking their religion? So what if they believe God is an alien. They have just as much proof of God as any other religion does.

What catches me as funny about them is the fact that theres an episode of the x files where the government gets instructions from aliens and make human clones , they name the cloned women Eve , and the cloned men adam , guess what this group named the babygirl clone EVE .

I think they watched the x-files to many time under a strange mixture of drugs , including all speedballed at once PCP , LSD , Herion and embalming fluid , hey when they give some hard facts ill eat my words .

Originally posted by ramirez60@Dec. 29 2002, 11:24 am

Cloneaid has the facilities (labs, scientists, computers, etc) to clone, whereas you probably don't...besides it makes little sense for them to hoax this.

how do we know that they have such stuff , ive never seen it .

Religion like any other business gets most of its clientelle from advertising , usually they use word of mouth though .

This is free advertising , WoRLDWidE who could ask for more ?

i would not be suprised to see them end up like heavens gate , ten commandments church or jonestown .

Back