CloneCD+Saturn

Jaded God

Established Member
Can I just make an image via Clone CD from an Original Sega Saturn game and then write that image and make a backup of an original game? Can I use the "Read Raw Subchannel Data" option also... And just use the same settings I would use for a protected psx game? Thanks..

Originally posted by Jaded God+Dec. 01 2002, 11:56 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaded God @ Dec. 01 2002, 11:56 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can I just make an image via Clone CD from an Original Sega Saturn game and then write that image and make a backup of an original game?[/b]

Yes.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jaded God
@Dec. 01 2002, 11:56 pm

Can I use the "Read Raw Subchannel Data" option also... And just use the same settings I would use for a protected psx game? Thanks..[/quote]

I don't see why you would need subchannel data with the exception for maybe the dual data track games. My guess is that it shouldn't matter. Why don't you give it a try and let us know? It'll just cost you one CD-R if it doesn't work.
smile.gif

No clue about PSX games, but for Saturn games, you do not need subchannel data AT ALL. Not for data and not for audio. And not for dual-data-track discs either.

It doesnt hurt to check that option though right? The backups load and play fine.. with that option checked

Oh, no, not at all, turning that option on doesn't do any harm. It just means CloneCD tries to read and copy data where there is none. Sort of like dubbing a blank tape in a double cassette recorder.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Dec. 05 2002, 2:19 pm

Oh, no, not at all, turning that option on doesn't do any harm. It just means CloneCD tries to read and copy data where there is none. Sort of like dubbing a blank tape in a double cassette recorder.
smile.gif

lol, I love how you put things Taelon thanks man. You brightened my day by saying that last line
tongue.gif

hehe, antime should think about becoming a teacher... hehe

He always explains things the way he can get it... lolol

btw... now that you mentioned it... On Skank's guide, it is said to set Subcode to "Full" in cdrwin, I guess that's just to make sure of.. well, saturn cd's don't have subcode channel info...

We shouldn't rip games with subcodes, should we? (when I say rip, I mean creating an image, with the objective of uploading to a FTP)

If we do, isos will be larger, and we won't gain anything...

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Dec. 05 2002, 5:10 pm

hehe, antime should think about becoming a teacher... hehe

He always explains things the way he can get it... lolol

btw... now that you mentioned it... On Skank's guide, it is said to set Subcode to "Full" in cdrwin, I guess that's just to make sure of.. well, saturn cd's don't have subcode channel info...

We shouldn't rip games with subcodes, should we? (when I say rip, I mean creating an image, with the objective of uploading to a FTP)

If we do, isos will be larger, and we won't gain anything...

umm that wasnt antime buddy that was Taelon.. Wrong forum?

Heheh... Barracuda seems to have made a simple snafu there, or maybe he/she has a crush on antime :
wink.gif
: anyway, thanks for the nice comments you guys
smile.gif

And as for subchannel data... y'know, the interesting thing is CloneCD will generate a .sub file (for subchannel data) whether or not you tell it to actually read such data... that file seems to clock in at about 22MB for a full 600MB+ CD image. I guess it could be considered useless, but I don't know if CloneCD will complain if you try to burn a .ccd/.img/.sub fileset without the .sub file being present.

That said, CloneCD images are already larger than "regular" bin/cue rips in some cases because the data is read in raw format (2352 bytes/sector), whereas the data (not audio) tracks in a bin/cue image could be either 2048 bytes (cooked) or 2352 bytes (raw)....assuming the data tracks are Mode 1. They could be Mode 2, too
smile.gif
which would be 2336 bytes/sector, which makes very little difference to 2352 bytes/sector, which goes to show that you can take this whole thing ad absurdum and really confuse yourself or someone else...lol.... I'll shut up now.

But yeah, generally: CloneCD images aren't the most space-saving...

Oops!

What the ...?!!?

humm, I've been reading many threats...

But why antime nick?!?!

maybe I pasted the wrong nick... and NO I DON'T HAVE CRUSH on antime!!! I'm a guy, damn it!

hehe...

Back