Component Video Cables

yes, and that is the problem, I do not like the half transparency from RGB/YC, it looks like pixel crap. The transparency from composite looks like real transparency. Think of games like Nights or Panzer Dragoon 2, they are looking great with transparency from composite.

I'll try to find out why Saturns from Sega do not display transparency over composite. V-Saturns and Hi-Saturns display transparency over composite.

Probably there is also a way to get transparency effect over RGB and Y/C. But first I have to find out how it is working over composite.

BigRed667 said:
AFAIK, transparency on saturn was done by displaying only every other pixel. When using a composite connection, the picture is blurred somewhat, causing a fake transparency effect. I don't see why it should make a difference which saturn model you use though... Maybe those models pre-filter the composite signal

Could be some TV-specific thing, my old Megadrive blurred up meshed transparencies (on Streets of Rage 2, part to of Stage 1, the bar level) with whatever cable I used - on an old 1988 SANYO telly. It also meshed together C64 and SNES games, and pretty much everything I hooked up on it.

Back