converting iso' country codes

i have tried downloading the link os the misc page and those 2 programs for changing the code dont work for me ,...or is there soemthing im doing wrong?can someone tell me how to work it or give me a link ot a better one or one that works

i have tried downloading the link os the misc page and those 2 programs for changing the code dont work for me ,...or is there soemthing im doing wrong?can someone tell me how to work it or give me a link ot a better one or one that works
Exactly what did you do that you think is wrong? Did you follow the instructions from the README.TXT file? The program runs in DOS, but you can drag and drop your .ISO or .BIN file into the SATCONV.EXE as well. Also, you're not using a Mac, are you?

Double clicking on the EXE file doesn't work. You have to either run it with command lines in DOS or drag and drop your .ISO or .BIN file into the SATCONV.EXE file and follow instructions from there.

Geez... I tell yas... I bet you if you asked someone who started using PC's in the last 6 years, 90% of the AVERAGE users wont even KNOW what dos is :p

I always used dos, all my favorite sierra point and click games were run under it :p

Ah yes, Sierra Games. I think Kings Quest IV was one of my favorites, espically that one part in the dark cave where you had to run quickly.

HAH! I was playing that about an hour ago! In fact, I just beat the game :) I got King's quest 1-3... but they just don't have it, I mean, the graphics don't bother me, I played Space Quest 1-3 (which is about the same gfx quality as KQ 1-3) but something about the 1st 3 kings quests just doesnt appeal to me. SQ was always funny though. :) I loved 2-3-4 the most though. Whoops! Getting WAY off topic :) Don't mind me, just get back to your country codes discussion.

Ok i dragged the iso onto the program and the dos opened up.It said the comptabile perihperals were j WHICH is japan.So i pressed enter and then U to change it to usa and it just cuts off, and doesnt change the code.This happened with dbz legends

(Edited by opooh at 2:19 pm on Dec. 25, 2001)

ok but it brings up a screen where it says perpipheral its made for and the code, what am i supposed ot be changing?like what button do i press to chnage all code from whatever it is to us?

start the program, it displays the info, and says press enter if its ok

pres enter

then press whatever the number for us is ( 2 i think)

then it will say patching completed

then burn the iso

i never get the patching complete message it just cuts to the folder again.But the code does change from jt to ut for example.

Seeing as the codes has changed from Japan and Taiwan to USA and Taiwan I'd say that it has worked.

To get rid of the Taiwan code (should you want to) you need to sun satconv from a DOS command line and use the '-r' option.

It doesn't sound like you should try that though.

Back