Converting PAL to NTSC

this is a total newb question and i've done a quick search, but i really have no knowledge of these things. is it possible to take an image of a saturn game and convert it from PAL video to NTSC? there's some sort of thing for PSone games but i don't know if there's a similar process that could be used for saturn games. sorry for the newb question but i thought someone might know. thanks!

Originally posted by aaron@Aug 9, 2004 @ 06:11 PM

this is a total newb question and i've done a quick search, but i really have no knowledge of these things. is it possible to take an image of a saturn game and convert it from PAL video to NTSC? there's some sort of thing for PSone games but i don't know if there's a similar process that could be used for saturn games. sorry for the newb question but i thought someone might know. thanks!

Short answer is no.

The PAL/NTSC issue is actually compiled into the games code and therem is no software to alter it. But as said before, you can change the hardware by installing a 50/60Hz switch. However if you are wanting to alter the colour pallete, i.e. NTSC to PAL not the refresh then you are out of luck.

so basically to play a PAL game on an american saturn i'd need to do the 50/60 switch on the saturn, but i'd still need a TV that supports PAL video, correct?

thanks for the assistance and for humoring me.

don't think so since with the switch set at 60Hz you are basically sending out NTSC signal although not sure about the colour as my TV accepts pretty much anything I throw at it - it's PAL SONY that I got exchange for the frequent flyer points...

cheers

Originally posted by dj898@Aug 16, 2004 @ 02:03 AM

since with the switch set at 60Hz you are basically sending out NTSC signal

Not exactly, the TV is receiving PAL60 signal.. the same happens if you take a NTSC(60) and use a switch for 50, you end up with NTSC50 not PAL. :)

Originally posted by dj898@Aug 17, 2004 @ 09:45 AM

hmm one advantage having recent PAL T as it accepts PAL, PAL60, NTSC and etc... :)

cheers

That's certainly true.

It's great having a TV that will work with any console from around the world. :D

Back