ConvSCD 1.10 Released

ConvSCD is a program to modify Sega CD games to be playable on consoles from other regions.

Here's what's new in 1.10:

Japanese region detection fixed

European conversions fixed

All options can be set via command line switches

Complete rewrite (not by choice)

For more details and to download the new version go here: http://www.retrodev.com/

That is good news, Mask of Destiny!

There is this Road Rash CD out in the USA which wasn't released in europe. Hope I can get my hands on it someday.

I tried (unsuccessfully) converting 3X3 Eyes (J) to USA using ConvSCD 1.10.

It starts to show the intro animation but it omes out with wrong colors and then the system resets. If I press the start button before the game intro starts, I get to the title screen but the system resets again.

I tested this on my Genesis CDX system.

Could this have something to do with the fact that 3X3 Eyes uses the save function and it's probably looking for a Japanese bios system call to the save ram or something?

I successfully converted Annette Again (J) to US using ConvSCD 1.10.

In theory, all the BIOS calls should behave the same across the 3 regions (with the exception of a few calls that the program shouldn't be calling anyway).

I can take a look at it, but I don't have a copy of the game so someone would have to provide me with one.

Originally posted by yourmaster@Sat, 2005-05-07 @ 05:00 PM

I tried (unsuccessfully) converting 3X3 Eyes (J) to USA using ConvSCD 1.10.

It starts to show the intro animation but it omes out with wrong colors and then the system resets. If I press the start button before the game intro starts, I get to the title screen but the system resets again.

I tested this on my Genesis CDX system.

Could this have something to do with the fact that 3X3 Eyes uses the save function and it's probably looking for a Japanese bios system call to the save ram or something?

I successfully converted Annette Again (J) to US using ConvSCD 1.10.

[post=133742]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, if the FMV comes out wrong then it might also be a 60/50hz problem.

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Sun, 2005-05-08 @ 10:55 PM

In theory, all the BIOS calls should behave the same across the 3 regions (with the exception of a few calls that the program shouldn't be calling anyway).

I can take a look at it, but I don't have a copy of the game so someone would have to provide me with one.

[post=133798]Quoted post[/post]​

Check your messages.

I converted Devastator (J) to US and it plays fine on my CDX, but the FMV video scenes have a pink border and some pixels in the video are pink when they should be black.

Did you get my PM? I can look at Devastator too, but I don't have that either. If you send me anything else, keep in mind that it's easier for me to work with the original rather than a converted copy.

Back