Crazy Taxi

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Grab the wheel and prepare for the craziest cab ride of your life!

Crazy Taxi, the smash arcade hit comes to the Sega Dreamcast. Weave your way through crowded streets, across sidewalks and even under water. In a wild and frantic race to deliver passengers on time. In Crazy Taxi time is money and only the craziest of cabbies earns their fare!
  • Massive, interactive courses, including an all new course developed for Sega Dreamcast!
  • Play 3 game modes: Arcade, Original, and Crazy Box
  • Choose from 4 unique taxi cabs and 4 unique drivers
  • Rocking soundtrack from hit bands Offspring and Bad Religion

Hey hey hey! It's time to make some crazy money!!! :driving:

God i love this game. I played it like CRAZY in the arcades until it came out on DC. The second one was alright, and the third one blew.

Ahh, what an awesome game. One of the best game ideas of all time, and one of the funnest games ever. I can always go back to it, although I haven't really played it as much ever since I got my DC steering wheel; I've been trying to adjust to the wheel (since I never played the arcade version), but I can never do the drifts and the like as well as I do with the controller. I should really put some effort into it, so I can go back and try and beat my best score. BTW, anyone have any high scores they want to post in this thread?

Also, does anyone think (as I do) that the designers might have been inspired by that old (and great) C64 game, Space Taxi?

I love this game. Great graphics, creamy smooth framerate, fun to play, BRILLIANT!

Haha creamy smooth framerate, yeah right. I love the game but you certainly can't say it doesn't slow down. Although it does do it only in specific spots.

Originally posted by it290@Jun 1, 2004 @ 11:59 PM

I love this game. Great graphics, creamy smooth framerate, fun to play, BRILLIANT!

Haha creamy smooth framerate, yeah right. I love the game but you certainly can't say it doesn't slow down. Although it does do it only in specific spots.

Ok... It's creamy smooth in MOST parts. Sure, there are a few locations which will cause some slow down. But most of the time it is creamy :)

Still remember when my old college buddy told me about this cool game in the Walmart lobby. It was fun just to watch people play let alone take a ride yourself :)

One of the original reasons I got the Dreamcast.

BTW, I believe this game is on all 4 of the latest consoles and the PC, so everyone should try to pick this game up (it's cheap too)

Originally posted by it290@Jun 1, 2004 @ 01:41 PM

BTW, anyone have any high scores they want to post in this thread?

I think my highest payday with default settings was something like 173,000, though i'm not sure. Crazy Taxi 2 was too easy... i could easily go 3 hours with breaks inbetween on default settings. I'll check my memory cards for records later..

Originally posted by Nadius@Jun 3, 2004 @ 09:17 AM

Crazy Taxi 2 was too easy... i could easily go 3 hours with breaks inbetween on default settings.

3 hours?!? :eek:mg:

As much as I love Crazy Taxi (and to a slightly lesser degree CT2) I don't think I could play it for that long. Sometimes it can get just too frustrating.

Crazy Taxi would probably have my second or third favorite game sountrack. :D

BTW does anybody know if Crazy Taxi suffers from any slow downs on the GC?

I think my highest payday with default settings was something like 173,000, though i'm not sure. Crazy Taxi 2 was too easy... i could easily go 3 hours with breaks inbetween on default settings. I'll check my memory cards for records later..

Holy crap! I don't think I ever broke 15,000! I'll have to go back and check as well...

I actually found Crazy Taxi 2 to be more difficult. The jump helps out a bit, but the city layout always screwed me up with too many tight turns at awkward angles. Plus I never played it as much as the first, so I didn't get the shortcuts down.

Back