Croc

I got hold of a new copy of Croc since the first one I had seemed to be with faults (Crocs head is invisible, and so are the enemies except for their eyes), tested this new copy a couple of days ago and the game is just so much better with visible heads :), and today I was feeling like playing Croc again, booted it up and the graphic had the exact same problems as did the first copy. Anyone else had this problem? I have a PAL saturn without the 60hz mod (both Croc games are US), but it seems strange that the new copy worked the first time I tried it out.

Could it be the AR4+ that screws it up? I never remove that though, but sometimes when using codes (wich I never did with Croc) there are graphical errors that occur, but not always (with the same codes and the same games).

Will it work fine if I do the 60hz mod? Some games don't like being forced into Pal 50/60hz I've heard..?

It's a bug in the game. Always start it from the CD player panel and the graphics will be correct.

Strange, I got an HK silver Croc (I think it's USA, but it's labelled as universal) never gave me such problems. Maybe there are multiple revisions? Or does the mod chip acidently fixes the problem?

With a bug that big (one wonders how the game ever got through QA) it's very possible a fixed version was released. The bug may of course be dependent on hardware versions and so on.

Back