Cue Problems...Perhaps a User Error

This seems to be a werid and reoccuring problem. I've really had no other problems with games that have one Data track and the rest audio tracks. just SOME games have been giving me problems.

I've used Saturn Cue Maker to make a cue, 1 data track & 24 audio ( wav ) tracks. Anyways, when i use CDrwin to burn it i get an error that reads.

"Warning : Disc Layout contains one or more tracks that are shorter than 4 seconds long. This is a violation of the CDROM Specification."

It burns the game, but when i try to boot it, it's a no go. I get an error at the bios screen telling me it's an "Unacceptable Disc" argh, i've used up too many CDrs with this game. Any ideas? Here is a part of the cue..

---

FILE "Track_1.iso" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

INDEX 01 00:00:00

POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE "audio02.wav" WAVE

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

FILE "audio03.wav" WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

---

Hope someone out there can figure it out. ( Nero burns it fine, but still doesn't boot ( i blame a bad cue ) )

try a virtual Drive type program, with that BIN and CUe sheet.

see if the audio tracks are too short. as in, a few seconds long.

Track 9 is the only track that is 3 seconds long, heh.. guess i could add a second to it if i tried. Do you think that could be causing the problem of it not booting correctly?

try that, and see if any difference is burned.

or, someone else will post their cue sheet.

and probably suggest BINchunker, or CUEmaker.

The answer is definitely YES. That one track being shorter than 4 seconds mucks up the disc. You can load it into a wave editor and add some silence at the end, or you could insert an additional POSTGAP after that track in the cuesheet, like so:

FILE "audio9.wav"

TRACK 09 AUDIO

INDEX 00:00:00

POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE "audio10.wav" .....

The 00:02:00 value could be anything, really, but seems like a sensible gap length in this case...two or three seconds thereabouts.

Back