• Rise from your gwave!

Cue question

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by SdshwCecil, Sep 26, 2001.

1. SdshwCecil

SdshwCecil New Member

Alright I understand how to make a CUE file thanks to the great sheet on this site. However, I don't understand what value the Pregap should be set too. The tutorial here has it set to 2:00. I CUE I got off the internet to help me before I found the info here had the Pregap set to 3:00. My question basically is, How do I determine what to set the Pregap at for a given cd. Im mainly interested in what to set it for Sega CDs.

2. ExCyber

ExCyber Staff Member

I think it's standard to have a 2-second pregap and postgap on the data track, but I'd need to look it up somewhere.

3. SdshwCecil

SdshwCecil New Member

Hmm Ok. I was just wondering wether it was safe to assume all games I would be burning for a various system would have the same pregap.

4. RadSil

RadSil New Member

CDRWIN puts in a 2 second pregap on the first track automatically. Most discs also have a 2 second postgap on the end of the data track, but it is not essential.

5. CrazyTaxi

CrazyTaxi New Member

If you want to make cue's you can always download the Sega Cue maker too....

6. SdshwCecil

SdshwCecil New Member

Oh where can you get that, or is that what its called (I can just use a search engine)?

Anyway I figure I should learn how to make CUEs myself first.

7. Gear

Gear New Member

There is a program called cdrcue cuesheet editor, too.

By the way, the standard when you want to add pregaps (not entirely neccesary in certain games, if not most of them) is 2 seconds. Putting another pregap size can lead to compatibility problems with your burner.

For compatibility, it is good to put postgaps when adding pregaps, too.

8. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

<center>[​IMG]</center>