DC accessories

I'm planning to buy some accessories for the DC which interested me yesterday...

1. DC Connection 3-in-1

2. VGA Cable/VGA Box

3. Nexus 4M Memory Card w/ PC Link

4. bleem! for Dreamcast (GT2)

are these worth the money? reviews are high for the performance of GT2 on DC though... and I really find the memcard-to-PC linking VERY useful... but what do you guys think about the first 2? Oh yeah, the DC Connection 3-in-1 gives you the ability to connect your Saturn/PSX controllers and PC keyboard to your DC...

are there any dream connection products (like the 3-in-1 etc) that lets you use saturn light guns (ie the virtua cop light gun) on dreamcast light gun games???

cuz i thought i read about that feature in one of those connection products

This is from the DC 3-in-1 connection:

- 3in1 controller adaptor which supports PSX controller, SS controller and PC keyboard on DC.

- Vibration functions are supported with PSX D-shock controller.

- PSX and SS steering wheels are also supported.

- Supports analog function.

- With external power adaptor (DC 9V), the vibration on D-Shock controller can be enhanced.

- Supported devices list:

- PS D-Shock controller

- PS controller

- PS steering Wheel

- SS Twin Joystick

- SS Controller

- SS Steering Wheel

- PC Keyboard (PS2 Keyboard)

This is from the 4-in-1:

- Vibration functions are supported with PS Dual shock controller. PS steering wheels and SS Twin Sticks are also supported. Supports analog function. With external power adaptor (DC 9V), the vibration on Dual Shock controller can be enhanced.

- Supported devices list:

- Playstation Dual Shock controller (w/vibration)

- Playstation Controller

- Playstation Steering Wheel

- Sega Saturn Controller

- Sega Saturn Twin Stick

- PC Keyboard (IBM PS/2 Keyboard)

- VMU/Memory Card

actually, I don't know what's the difference... check out www.levelsix.com and www.ezoneasia.com for those info

the difference is that the 4 in 1 has a VMU slot.

and as far as I know, no adapter supports psx lightguns.

oh yeah, I didn't notice the VMU support in the 4-in-1...

but about the light gun... maybe time will allow all controllers of a videogame console (or even possibly all controllers of all consoles, yeah right) to be used on the DC :)

i have a total control 4 in 1 adaptor and it does not support the light gun but i got my dc light gun for 4.96 at compusa so its cheaper to just buy one made for the dc also i would stay away from nexus mem cards they suck and cost about the same as a vmu vmu's are 996 now..also the knights pad works with my adaptor it just does not have all the functions it should

the 4-in-1 adaptor is a VERY VERY good buy if your into Virtua On or Fighting games and have the saturn Twin Stick or Game pad... plus it's a cheep alternative to a regular controller... got mine for 9.95 at electronic botique...

Quote: from ViperA2001 on 5:07 am on June 3, 2001

I'm planning to buy some accessories for the DC which interested me yesterday...

1. DC Connection 3-in-1

2. VGA Cable/VGA Box

3. Nexus 4M Memory Card w/ PC Link

4. bleem! for Dreamcast (GT2)
I have those highlighted in yellow above. I'm thinking of getting the Dream Connection 4in1 Controller Adapter.

I bought #4 because it was cheap and I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity, it looks pretty good (and yes, it does say ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US on the back).

The VGA adaptor is just awesome for 3D games like Grandia 2, Shenmue, Virtua Tennis, etc. but not as good for 2D games like the Street Fighter games but not too bad either.

The Nexus memory card is just great for transferring save files. I don't use my DC to go online to download saves via its modem, so the Nexus memory card is the only solution.

oh yeah, just to let you guys know... I've already bought all of 'em months ago, not long after posting this post in the post of the post of the postmaster... =) Oh yeah, in the other thread: what's "gear's" problem with a female Sega gamer? Anyway, if I have to rate the items I bought (it's difficult, they're all good), here it is...

TOP: DC Connection 3-in-1

2nd: Nexus 4M Memory Card w/ PC Link

3rd: VGA Cable/VGA Box

4th: GT2 bleempak

I've not much use for GT2 now that I'm occupied with work and site and games and stuff... But I still like the game and I LOVE the Japanese soundtrack! The Nexus 4M memcard is great! It relieves me of the problem of having only 1 memcard :) the vga box is good, it allows me to switch between CRT and TV. 3-in-1 IS GREAT!!! I love it! My Saturn Arcade stick fits so well! Especially my Saturn controllers... I've only got to DC controllers, so ordering two of those 3-in-1's solved the prob ;)

Well, there's your review... I can give more detailed reviews, but time is running out...

>---edit---<

Oh yeah, the possibility of playing beat mania on my DC really got me going there!

>---edit---<

(Edited by ViperA2001 at 3:15 am on Sep. 25, 2001)

Good for you
up.gif

Another good thing about the 3 in 1 is playing dance dance games with psx pads =)

works great

And playing PSO with PSX2 pads is also a good addon =)

GT3 Rocks on the DC! looks a LOT better than in PS2 (obvious.. a dedicated emu.. can't wait for MGS!)

Quote: from Artemio Urbina on 9:15 pm on Sep. 24, 2001

Another good thing about the 3 in 1 is playing dance dance games with psx pads =)

works great

And playing PSO with PSX2 pads is also a good addon =)

GT3 Rocks on the DC! looks a LOT better than in PS2 (obvious.. a dedicated emu.. can't wait for MGS!)
Don't you mean GT2? GT3 is for the PS2,
lol.gif

>---edit---<

I posted something in the wrong room :)

Anyway, I almost forgot about the DDR games!!! There's only the 2nd remix right? The 1st, 3rd, and 4th mixes aren't on the DC right? Boy, I really wish beat mania would miraculously appear on the DC...

(Edited by ViperA2001 at 1:32 pm on Sep. 25, 2001)

Why do you say that? I think Bleem! is a great product, I don't know if it could be called an accesory or not, but definetly something worth owning, especialy the new MGS one that just came out.

Is there an accessory that allows you to hook up a PC game pad to the DC? I'd like to use my MS Sidewinder with certain games like SFA3. I find it much easier to execute moves on the Mame emulated version than on my DC.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a VGA box. Are all VGA boxes created equal, or are there some that just plain suck and I should stear clear of? Also, it looks like $15-$25 US is the price I should be paying for one. Is that reasonable? Info is appreciated.

(Edited by Quadriflax at 10:28 am on Oct. 18, 2001)

The reviews I've read have mentioned no picture quality difference between VGA boxes, which makes sense because the box actually does no signal conversion at all. The main differences are the connections provided by different units - some have a passthrough port and a switch so you can keep your PC connected, some have multiple outputs and can switch to composite or S-Video, etc. One really important thing to keep in mind though that some games do not work with a VGA box (the well-known "trick" only works for a few in my experience, even though several sites suggest that it will work for any game), so you should check out your games before deciding whether or not you want to keep your DC hooked up to a monitor.

If you aren't playing games on the VGA Box then you aren't Playing Dreamcast. Friends come over with their games and are AMAZED at how good they look with the VGA box. Even the games that don't support it can be tricked. There are exceptions. I have 60 Dreamcast games and the two I could not get working are Soul Fighter ( Which was crap anyways) and Hydro Thunder.

Back