DC accessories

I've found two games that don't work:

The King of Fighters: Dream Match 1999 (no output)Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (works, but outputs a horizontally compressed picture and has some other bugs).

The only game I have successfully used the trick on is NFL Blitz 2000.

Well I went out and bought a VGA box for my DC. I don't think words can express the incredible difference. Being someone who doesn't normally notice slight differences, like that between 128 kBit and 192 kBit sound, I am very impressed. I had a spare monitor hanging around and have now added it to my gaming rig. Just amazing what a $15 box can do.

And I'd still like to know if there's an accessory that allows you to plug a PC controller into the DC. It's a regular old pin connector, not a USB pad. I haven't seen anything like it looking around, but then you never know.

since PC pads actually need drivers, that will never happen. there's just no generic way to access all pc pads and all buttons and whatever extra crap there is on most controllers.

Now that I think about it that makes sense. So I guess my next question is: is there a DC controler out there similar to the original MS Sidewinder? Basically I'm looking for a D-Pad that's similar to the 6-button Genesis. It makes sweep moves a lot easer to pull off. I'd use the analog pad, but that's the opposite problem for me; too loose.

Also, I only have one game that can't use the VGA box I just bought. I read about switching modes after a few seconds to get it to go, but I can't get it to work. Either this is one of the few games the trick doesn't work for or I'm not doing it at the right time. Bust A Move 4 is the game. My TV doesn't even go blank when I switch to VGA, it gets all squiggly like a channel I'm not paying for and nothing comes up on the monitor. Is this a confirmed game that doesn't work with the trick or what?

Have you tried the Dream Connection adaptors? They allow you to use your Saturn controllers on your DC. Saturn controllers have the 6-button layout, plus L and R buttons. BTW, the original MS SideWinder controller is my favorite PC controller.

Not all games are VGA compatible; if VGA is not listed on the back of the jewel case, most likely it won't work. Sometimes you can get it to work if you apply the tricks you read on certain web sites, but not all the time. Even if you do get it to work, some games play really slow on VGA monitor compared to TV.

the oldstyle saturn controllers have the same d-pad as the genesis 6 button pad, and are simply perfect for fighting games. a dreamconnection 3in1 or 4in1 adapter works great for them.

So which VGA boxes have passthrough and the most connection features? I'd like to be able to still use my PC with the monitor, and when I turn on the DC, switch to its signal automatically.

Back