DC Light Gun

Does the official DC gun from japan work properly with the US DC gun games??? I have a big problem with using 3rd party peripherals and even though SEGA liscened Interact to make the DC gun in the US I'm still quite wary of it.

Well, that's absolute crap if you ask me, I guess I'll be picking up a couple Interact Starfire guns sometime soon then. At least they were liscened by SEGA.

Before I do though I might as well ask if they released one in Europe and whether or not it's compatible with US DC games.

I think the incompatability is only with US HotD 2, but I'm not sure if it affects only the Euro gun.

I've only got Euro gun and the Euro version of the game.

Both the Jap and Euro Official Sega lightguns DON'T work with any US games EXCEPT for Virtua Cop 2 that came on the Smash Pack. You can thank those damn Columbine idiots for the lack of an official Sega gun in the US. :angry: :angry: :flamethrower:

Well damn... Interact guns for me then... I don't necessarily know if it's columbines fault as SEGA claimed they didn't have the financial resources to release a gun peripheral. But you would think if they would go through the trouble of releasing a fishing controller that only works with 3 games they would have the money for a gun.

Basically House of the Dead was to come out a few months after what happened at Columbine. So Sega decided not to release their own gun in the US. They did leave the option for others to do it but made sure that their guns would not work. Virtua Cop 2 gets around this because it was a PC port (Arcade -> Saturn -> PC -> DC) so it used the Windows CE libraries which didn't do the check for the guns region.

Just wanted to note that IMHO the MadCatz guns are way better than the Interact ones.

So there never was an official Sega Gun for DC in the US ? Very strange indeed. So this is one of the rare moments the European gamers got something the US gamers didn't

So there never was an official Sega Gun for DC in the US ? Very strange indeed. So this is one of the rare moments the European gamers got something the US gamers didn't

*coughshenmue2coughcough*

After a bit of research I found out I had my facts misplaced and that the MadCatz gun was in fact officially liscened by SEGA. So I heeded your advice and picked up 2 brand new MadCatz Dream Blasters off ebay, also picked up HOD2 & Confidential Mission(I already own the SEGA Smash Pack). I've yet to get the guns in the mail so I can't say whether the investment was worth it or not, but I have a good feeling I'm gonna have many a hours of fun with these.

Back