DC will run copied games

You could always try recalibrating the pot on the laser, little screw (access on bottom of gdrom) has a little indention where the scre drive then can access it. As far as I know from experimentation, if you take the screw all the way out you can contacts a satilite, if you put it all the way in the laser is blind as a bat, some where in between any any copy or gd rom should work. Good Luck.

Which way should I turn it? Would really like sum input from sumone who has actually done this before....Thanks all, appciate all yer help.

Well bascially there is lefty loosie which will eventually take it all the way out and rightie tighty which will eventuall put the screw all the way in. I would go left til the thing comes out and gradually turn it right until the thing won't boot, then a slight turn to the left and bam you should be good. I did it to mine and with the laser a little stronger my burns and gd roms fire up a lot faster.

which screw is that (i think i might have to do this on mine) if i have the controller ports facing me and im lifting the gd rom where is this screw?

Originally posted by FLEABttn+Aug. 10 2002, 1:57 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FLEABttn @ Aug. 10 2002, 1:57 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-WiseMan@Aug. 08 2002, 7:39 pm

if all fails dont forget your legally entitled to backups of software you own...

Actually, no, you're not, but I don't really want to go in that right now.

[/b][/quote]

It depends on where you are. In the U.S. you're not entitled to make backup copies, but "archival" copies are explicitly specified to be noninfringing by 17 USC Sec. 117:

§ 117. Limitations on exclusive rights: Computer programs

(a) Making of Additional Copy or Adaptation by Owner of Copy.-Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106, it is not an infringement for the owner of a copy of a computer program to make or authorize the making of another copy or adaptation of that computer program provided:

(1) that such a new copy or adaptation is created as an essential step in the utilization of the computer program in conjunction with a machine and that it is used in no other manner, or

(2) that such new copy or adaptation is for archival purposes only and that all archival copies are destroyed in the event that continued possession of the computer program should cease to be rightful.

If you happen to know of any well-documented case that negates either of these, I would really like to hear about it.

Back