Dead and loving it!

As of Dec 18th, I was 'dead'! and 3 days later I was dead again...

Kinda handy that I was at the hospital when it happened the first time...I was there for a job interview, working the night shift on the pc's in the offices keeping them 'regular'.

I was found slumped over in a chair with no life signs (pulse etc...) but they managed to bring me back 15 mins later (hurah)!

They planed to keep me in for a week for tests and scans etc,(fine I guess...) but 3 nights later death repeated itself on me (stuck there till the 28th)

so I missed XMAS totaly (but was ready for the new year)

RIGHT.....with that out of the way.........

where have I been?......hiding at work, over at Simon Wai's fourm and working on my website. (i'll update my sig with the url soon.....for now check out my Retro Sonic section).

With the xmas work rush OVER, things can fianly return to 'Normal'. I will be on par for at least 3 new fan fics a week (sorry for the real lack in the past, but hey a new year...it can only get better!)

Greetings to the following people:

Curtis, IceMan2k, dibz, MasterAkumaMatata, mal, antime, cww80, Daniel Eriksson, racketboy, Meyitzo, Zziggy00 and ALL the other ADMIN/MOD's out there ...we will catch up later my friends!

.....all n00bs since i was last here, welcome, (i will find you and chat soon! ;) )

sadly work is calling me now so i have to go.....:(

see you all in a few hours

oh and....happy new year to all ;).....i'm back!

I guess you think you're some kind of expert with Typing of the Dead now, eh? ;)

Seriously though, that's a pretty freaky thing to have happen. Glad you're back to relate it to us. No more jokes about "graveyard shifts" for you then. :D

Really, I hope you make a full and permenent recovery. Please excuse my terrible humor. Keep well. :)

Just out of curiosity... What was the cause of the episodes?

I mean, people don't just have their body shut down and reboot like a PC or anything. Something has to bring it on...

I don't think it is much to be proud of gaz... I would be scared shitless.

Anyways I just have to ask it... Did you see the light or something? You seem to have so much confidence waking back up, like a new respect for life. :smash

Don't you start losing brain cells after a certain amount of time of no oxygen? :) Still, thats crazy stuff dude. Hope everthing is cool now.

ok, to answer in more detail......

VertigoXX Posted on Jan 4, 2004 @ 01:05 PM

Just out of curiosity... What was the cause of the episodes?

the cause of the 'Episodes' was 'ventricular fibrillation', in which the electrical activity of the heart is chaotic and the heart's main pumping chambers quiver, rather than beat effectively. This results in little or no blood being pumped throughout the body.

Jaded God Posted on Jan 4, 2004 @ 02:42 PM

I don't think it is much to be proud of gaz... I would be scared shitless.

Did you see the light or something?

ok...as strange as it seems to some......YES! (l'il flashes of your life DO happen, i saw some scarey stuff i thought i'd never see or hear of again....breif yes, but it was too long for me, and F***ed up) I was scared shitless second time...And i do have a better respect for life now then i ever did, thats why i now have a ring on the finger of my dearest honey, beth, she stuck by me all the time i was in hospital! so new years eve at midnight i said those 4 magic words, her answer.....yes! (i'm taking the plunge lads! :thumbs-up: )

it290 Posted on Jan 4, 2004 @ 07:30 PM

! ... that's scary stuff. Any results yet? Were you on anything at the time?

An ECG was performed twice, and came back the same, electrical activity of the heart was too low...I was on nothing at the time, and i'm on loads of medication now, with the talks of Heart surgery down the line.

Curtis Posted on Jan 4, 2004 @ 11:38 AM

I guess you think you're some kind of expert with Typing of the Dead now, eh?

NOPE! :lol: ....but i'm pushing for a full recovery too, tho i hate the fact i have to spend 3 weeks off from work (i was only in today to say hello to people and sort out sick time etc...i wanted to work, and be as normal as poss! :( )

anyhow, hope this answers some of your questions;)

and i'm touched to know you care :wub: :blush:

man Gaz... You should have told us about your proposal and marriage... That in my books is pretty important too :blush:

Congratulations man :smokin: :thumbs-up:

It's very rude to die when your waiting for a job interview! What were you thinking?!

Ha! Just joking :devil ... <-- ooh, this man is scary, did you meet him by any chance?

Ha! I should stop now :p Congrats on the marriage propasal and best wishes for your future married life. You gotta limit yourself to one lady, now ;) Haha :lol:

Oh, just out of curiosity - Did you get the job or not? :D

Glad your back, Gaz! :cool:

15 minutes? most people can't even hold their breath that long. :blink:

and Twice in 3 days? and your still kicking? damn your good. :ph34r:

let's not try for the trifecta, please :cool: ;)

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Jan 5, 2004 @ 04:06 AM

You gotta limit yourself to one lady, now ;) Haha :lol:

Oh, just out of curiosity - Did you get the job or not? :D

well i guess my nights on the pull are over :( but i'm not one bit bothered, as i've found happiness with her :wub: and will not be unfaithful (it's just not on...)

No, I never got the job in the end :rolleyes: , closing date for the interviews was the 20th.

i'll keep checking for another job-op. again soon. ;) :thumbs-up:

Back