dear gwb

I used to live in Annandale, MN. Then Alexandria, MN. Now in Dalton (few miles from Fergus Falls).

If I had a dollar for every "I'm moving to Canada" post that I've read on various bulletin boards...

True patriots stick by America even in her weakest point. A true defender would stick by his country even in it's darkest hour.

Personally, I think you "Moving to Canada" guys are just blowing off steam and will forget about it in a week or so. But if you do leave, I will not be sad becuase our country does not need fairweather friends like you. People like you will be worse for our country in the long run.

kahuna yep true blowing off steam but what ever i'm all for actually the complete renovation of our government and i'm actually working towards that hell i love this country but know for a damn fact that it needs some serious renovations.

The fact that there's a polarization among social classes is a damn big problem to me that i see with this country. i mean marx was a great man to point out that nothing good ever comes out of such an affect.

good thing i'm going to be a teacher someday and really try to educate students about how to change the systems of gov and to actually learn about politics instead of going by just public views and commercials.

I will live and die for freedom simple as that no matter how i go about doing so. (i'm really just rambling got nothing better to do and i'm in a damn good moood lol wooooowhooo)

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 03:27 PM

Too bad Marx was wrong. The human factor really screws that idea up pretty quick.

[post=122668]Quoted post[/post]​

The human factor screws most ideas up pretty quick :blink:

no see his ideas of what should happen is what is flawed but the idea that the polarization of social classes isn't good is 100% correct

The face of the true leader(or what i see as the leader of all)

Originally posted by schi0249@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 01:10 PM

I live in Bloomington. And you?

[post=122658]Quoted post[/post]​

I used to live in Mankato, now I'm in Minneapolis in college.

Well, obviously you guys don't all feel the same as I do, but I'm ecstatic over the outcome of the election. It reaffirms my faith in humanity that the party stressing strong moral values and personal responsibility won out over the party stressing moral relativism and "multilateralism". and not just on the Presidential level.

America has spoken, and her voice sounds beautiful to me.

Originally posted by Caelestis@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 05:18 PM

Well, obviously you guys don't all feel the same as I do, but I'm ecstatic over the outcome of the election. It reaffirms my faith in humanity that the party stressing strong moral values and personal responsibility won out over the party stressing moral relativism and "multilateralism". and not just on the Presidential level.

America has spoken, and her voice sounds beautiful to me.

[post=122679]Quoted post[/post]​

You can have strong moral values and not be a right wing christian.

This family is happy with the results:

Attachments

• Happy_Family.jpg
    Happy_Family.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Happy_Family.jpg
    Happy_Family.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 124
I'm not a right-wing Christian, and it's what's important to me, so point taken...

But the liberal left relies almost solely on moral relativism and multilateralism in their social viewpoints, so I'd say it's incredibly unlikely Kerry's administration would have cultivated a hard moral standard for our children to grow up in.

Originally posted by Caelestis@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 05:40 PM

I'm not a right-wing Christian, and it's what's important to me, so point taken...

But the liberal left relies almost solely on moral relativism and multilateralism in their social viewpoints, so I'd say it's incredibly unlikely Kerry's administration would have cultivated a hard moral standard for our children to grow up in.

[post=122682]Quoted post[/post]​

If strong moral standards include saving unborn babies lives while murdering grown adults, then count me out.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 05:45 PM

If strong moral standards include saving unborn babies lives while murdering grown adults, then count me out.

[post=122683]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't you know? These people only care about what happens to you before you're born and after you die. Anything in between and you're on your own.

I keed, I keed.

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 04:56 PM

Don't you know? These people only care about what happens to you before you're born and after you die. Anything in between and you're on your own.

I keed, I keed.

[post=122684]Quoted post[/post]​

Both parties are contradictory meatholes in that regard. Conservatives have no problem with war and death penalties, but killing zygotes is an atrocity. On the other hand abortion is fine by liberals but any sort of killing in a military campaign is evil, regardless of how many people Hussein in this case, have killed; which is over three million I believe compared to our 1000+ troops who VOLUNTEERED and are payed to fight the war. As everyone may already know I borrow from both parties philosophies and support all forms of killing because I am a soulless asshole who hates everyone.

And to all the melodramatic motherfuckers who want to go to Canada, please take it one step further and go all the way to France. Learn to speak and use their language too, so I won't be able to understand your relentless bitching. Your life isn't going to be so terrible because Dubya won. Worst case scenario you'll get a tax break and have to put a red maple leaf on your suitcase when travelling. Get over yourselves.

The only complaint against George W. I agree with 100% is that he has dragged the US' reputation through the mud and we'll definitely need a bleeding heart democrat in 2008.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 04:45 PM

[post=122683]Quoted post[/post]​

If I get to choose between a party that kills those that deserve it or kills innocent babies unable to defend themselves, I'm happy with my choice.

Originally posted by mountaindud@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 06:21 PM

On the other hand abortion is fine by liberals but any sort of killing in a military campaign is evil, regardless of how many people Hussein in this case, have killed; which is over three million I believe compared to our 1000+ troops who VOLUNTEERED and are payed to fight the war.

I can't say I totally agree with your point there for a couple of reasons. Although I agree that all forms of genocide, torture, and the like should be stopped, there's a right way to go about it and a wrong way to go about it. The right way does NOT include sending our troops to battle without proper gear. Regardless of whose fault it is that they aren't equipped, you don't use them until they are. Otherwise you're needlessly endangering their lives. But I'm not trying to start a flame war here. I'm not affiliated with any political party. I just hate to see people die needlessly. And although I realize there's going to be casualties in any military campaign, there's certain necessary steps that have to be taken to make sure casualties are limited and not the result of poor planning.

And abortions have actually gone up during the past four years. To limit the "baby killing" we need to educate people on sex. Preaching abstinence as the only option doesn't work. People are going to have sex, you can't and won't stop them. But you can help stop them from having babies by giving them a condom or something.

As everyone may already know I borrow from both parties philosophies and support all forms of killing because I am a soulless asshole who hates everyone.

:D

And I'm not trying to start a huge flame war here. I'm probably just releasing a little stress. But I don't think it's fair to abuse our volunteer army and treat them like crap. They deserve the best, and I don't think they're getting it. I don't know what Kerry could have done, if anything, but I thought it was worth a shot to see what would happen. The whole two party system sucks as is. I can only hope that we see some massive reform in our political parties, election process, and/or the way the media works. I think we're going to see some changes at least in the last of those three, and that's probably the best place to start. It will (hopefully) snowball from there.

Originally posted by Caelestis@Wed, 2004-11-03 @ 06:43 PM

If I get to choose between a party that kills those that deserve it or kills innocent babies unable to defend themselves, I'm happy with my choice.

[post=122687]Quoted post[/post]​

Then you tell my why my friend deserved to die in Iraq. I want you to justify his death. He told me he didn't agree with the war, but he didn't have a choice once he joined the army.

He deserved to die for wanting to defend his country (and died to continue some cokeheads fathers legacy)? Fuck you.

Like firefighters and policemen are any different than soldiers when in the line of duty? How many of them would like to die inside a burning building or in some shootout with criminals but have to get in such situations because it's their job and have no choice in the matter?

But the liberal left relies almost solely on moral relativism

It is not relativism to believe that it's wrong to allow the application of the death penalty when it is almost certainly leading to the killing of innocent people.

It is not relativism to believe that warfare should be a last resort.

It is not relativism to believe that we should think about how to solve problems instead of jumping at the first solution suggested by ideology.

It is not relativism to believe that people's opportunities in life shouldn't be determined primarily by their parents' socioeconomic standing.

It is not relativism to believe that working people should be able to afford health care.

It is not relativism to believe that vengeance is not the pursuit of a moral government.

These are strong beliefs that I share with "the left". Relativism is not required.

I'd like to know what the 'strong moral value' is in forcing one's own values upon others. And where is the morality in pushing for an exclusionary amendment to the Constutution, when our country is supposedly founded upon the concept of equality?

Back