Destiny of an Emperor & Warrios of Fate.

Yesterday I found an old Superman comic (Issue March 91) in a forgotten cardboard box at my Mom's house.

The story was pretty cool (Assault of the Liner Man!) where Superman is sent 1000 years in the future to save Earth's Lunar colony.

But what I found interesting was an advert inside the comic, about an old 1990 Capcom RPG for the NES, called "Destiny of an Emperor"

Soon after, I fired VirtuaNes emu & played the Rom.

Even though I'm not a great fan of turned based RPGs (I prefer real-time action oriented RPGs like Zelda & Terranigma) I found this quite enjoyable.

The story line is based in medieval/feudal China & interestingly enough, the main characters seem to be the exact same ones starring in Dynasty Was & Warriors of Fate on the CPS-1 arcade hardware, also by Capcom.

These bad-ass looking Chinese Warriors also make an appearance in Funtech's Entertainment Super A'Can console, some time around 1995.

What I want to know is whether these specific characters are completely fictional or if they’re actually real historical figures?

In what other game systems / movies or comic books do they appear in?

Maybe in the old 1994/6 Beat Em Up: Sango Fighter 1 & 2 or in Dynasty Warriors on the PS-2?

Thanks in advance.

Destiny of an Emperor (NES)

destiny_of_an_emperor.jpg

Dynasty Wars (CPS-1)

dynasty_wars_jpn_1.jpg

dynasty_wars_us.jpg

Warriors of Fate (CPS-1)

warrior_of_fate_us.jpg

Funtech's Entertainment Super A'Can

Funtech_Entertainment_Super_ACan.jpg

Yes, they are based on real figures from Chinese history (although the characters in WOF look like theyve had their names changed). Some of the same characters also appear in Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, and Knights of Valour.

Ok, so the “Three Kingdoms of China” period takes place 190 – 290 AD.

This is one of the bloodiest in Chinese history because of the constant wars waged during this period

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_Period

I love reading about the history of the Greco-Roman world, the Roman & Byzantine (Eastern Roman) empires, the European Middle Ages & the Crusades. But this link I posted, is a very interesting read indeed!

Now I will definitely have to read some stuff on Medieval Japan.

A very interesting time period, considering that it took place almost in parallel with European Middle Ages. The Japanese developed completely deferent style of castles, armours & weapons but served the same purpose & a similar feudal system, while they never came in contact with the Europeans of the said time periods.

If I’m not mistaken the Japanese equivalent to the European Knights & Byzantine Catafract heavy cavalry Knights, are the “Samurai”

And the “Shogun” were the like the European Barons / Land Lords to which the Samurai would swore legion to.

Almost like a parallel Universe.

Back