Devil May Cry vs Ninja Gaiden

Cloud121

Established Member
Dud and I never shutup about comparing DMC and Gaiden.

We both feel that Gaiden borrows HEAVILY from DMC and Onimusha, and we both feel that DMC is the much better game.

What do you all think?

Hopefully this will be the end of it....

Ninja Gaiden is alright, but I like Devil May Cry infinitely better. I love how gun and sword combat is blended together perfectly, and I personally have a much easier time controlling Dante than I do Hayabusa. I prefer DMC's simple combat system, and the difficulty level is more balanced.

I really don't care that Tecmo took a lot from Onimusha/Devil May Cry. They're good games. I think the blatant rip-off of Capcom's games was more building on a good thing than a lack of originality.

I dont care what games it supposedly borrows from. I love Ninja Gaiden, and think its the best game of it type.

Cloud, the mighty Virtua Fighter borrows elements from other games also, I dont hear you complaining about that.

Ninja Gaiden is a great game, but Devil May Cry is better in every way, it has beautiful music, better overall design, more action, a much more dynamic fighting system and... the firearm/sword combination is simply unbeatable.

Also, Ryu Hayabusa is a great character, but... Dante is... DANTE! ^o^

Originally posted by axelblazeadam@Aug 24, 2004 @ 06:28 AM

I dont care what games it supposedly borrows from. I love Ninja Gaiden, and think its the best game of it type.

Cloud, the mighty Virtua Fighter borrows elements from other games also, I dont hear you complaining about that.

Yeah well, VF is the only fighting game I play. Although I do enjoy Capcom vs SNK Pro. Actually VF is one of the ONLY games I play anymore...

Well wait...

VF

Golden Axe

Phantasy Star

Devil May Cry

Resident Evil

Okay, VF isn't the only game I play anymore, but it's it's the only game that I play for hours on end each and every day.

So I wouldn't really know what VF borrows from other games.

:lol:

As for why I love DMC so much: What Des said. :p

Yeah, Hayabusa kicks ass, but like Des said: Dante is Dante! :bow

I for one think they should have served up the original Ninja Gaiden formula for the new game. NG2 was one of the best games of its type, along with Castlevania 1 & 3.

Back