differences with jap saturn LE titles

CrazyGoon

Established Member
Apart from different packaging, are there any differences between non-L.E versions of a game and the L.E versions of a game? (eg, is there any differences with 'Dead or Alive' and the L.E release of 'Dead or Alive')? (Is there different title screens, extras...anything
blink.gif
)

LE does mean "limited edition"
tongue.gif
and the LE of Dead Or Alive comes with an extra booklet of pictures of all the game characters. That's about it.

I got what he meant, I am indeed talking about LEs that had different data from the "normal" versions.

Wangan Dead Heat and Yukyu Gensokyoku come to mind, maybe a few others.

Wangan Dead Heat and Yukyu Gensokyoku come to mind, maybe a few others.
Cool, so there are some games that have data differences between L.E and non-LE versions. Thanks for everyones help
smile.gif

Does anyone know if there's in-game differences between 'Sakura Taisen 2' and 'Sakura Taisen 2 (Limited Edition)' ? :blink:

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Aug 3, 2003 @ 07:12 AM

Does anyone know if there's in-game differences between 'Sakura Taisen 2' and 'Sakura Taisen 2 (Limited Edition)' ? :blink:

No ingame differences, just an extra poster/map in a cardboard slipcase...

And what are the ingame differences with Wangan Dead Heat and Yukyu Gensokyoku???

99% of LE versions of RPGs doesn't have any differences in the game (I think adding stuff could risk lending towards save game incompatibility).

Most Limited Editions merely come in a neater package with extras like printed media (mini-books with illustrations, usually), a soundtrack CD (sometimes this CD is different than the ones you can purchase on music stores) or a bonus CD, that can include stuff like "the making of", interviews, extra videos or, in very few cases, playable xtras, like Grandia and Shinning Force 3.

Originally posted by Mr. Saturn@Aug 3, 2003 @ 12:01 PM

And what are the ingame differences with Wangan Dead Heat and Yukyu Gensokyoku???

WDH : Extra girl in the normal CD + Extra CD with data.

YG : Extra events I think (need to check that though, I just know that the LE has different stuff in the game)

Originally posted by mal@Aug 3, 2003 @ 01:38 PM

Shining Force 3?

Are you refering to the Premium Disc or something else?

There is a special SF3 package, that comes with all 3 scenarios, the Premium Disc, and all sorts of keen loot in a single, big package.

I think the Premium Disc was originally released with that LE package, and then Camelot made it avaliable for people who already had bought all 3 scenarios before (you had to mail them the barcode from the manual, I think).

Back