Divx

I'm not sure if this topic is tabboo around here but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get DIVx 4 DC to work. I figured that since the program is privately developed it should be okay. Specifically the burning of the codec and the movie. WHat the hell am I supposed to do to get it to work?

Hmm DC talk is odd but I dont think its NOT allowed. I like this year. ALL consoles now have LEAST Vcd support =P its nice in a way for LEGIT dvd rips, I mean I have MANY but my issue is my NEW laptop is region locked and I cant keep changing from region 1 to region 2 =( (Unless I use my external dvd player with it) But yea this new ripping, divx, so on is cool for me, Just load it up in PSX and watch =)

Originally posted by Mysticales@May 20 2002,08:20

but my issue is my NEW laptop is region locked and I cant keep changing from region 1 to region 2 =(

Go here: http://www.firmware.fr.st/

They have firmware for hella CD and DVD drives, with a lot of them hacked to do stuff they weren't supposed to (i.e. 80 min CD support, region free DVD drives).

Hope this helps.

Getting dcdivx to work is quite easy. You just download the one of the prepackaged distributions (which are selfboot) and burn away. If you mean "how do I get movies to work with dcdivx", then that is a little more complicated.

Because the DC version is based on the pocket PC version, you are limited in the size (ie window size) of the movies you want to play. ou can not have movies larger than 496x496, although good performance is really only achieved with a lower res (like 320x160 for wide screen). Also audio must use an MP3 codec.

DCdivx is not suitable for so-called dvd rips and will not play your regular quality "dvd quality" movies.

Originally posted by FLEABttn+May 20 2002,09:32--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FLEABttn @ May 20 2002,09:32)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mysticales@May 20 2002,08:20

but my issue is my NEW laptop is region locked and I cant keep changing from region 1 to region 2 =(

Go here: http://www.firmware.fr.st/

They have firmware for hella CD and DVD drives, with a lot of them hacked to do stuff they weren't supposed to (i.e. 80 min CD support, region free DVD drives).

Hope this helps.[/b][/quote]

I know about that already =P

Its just the samsung for DVD has no RPC1 I have to use my external miniDVD to play region 1. My compaq I already cracked.

Back