Doesnt always read game?

I noticed something recently.

My saturn, when it has been off for a while, does not remember the time and stuff, so I replaced the battery, and that should be fixed with that. But what I also noticed was that when I play a burned game, the first time I boot any game, it will not read it, and give me "Disc unsuitable for this system". But then I turn the Saturn off, pop in my PAR 5 in 1, turn it on, and it loads the game... so then I shut it off for a few seconds, then boot the game without the PAR again... and it works beautifully.

Any Idea as to why this happens?

It might just SEEM that it's got something to do with the PAR cartridge when in reality your CD drive appears to be flaky... the lens is maybe out of alignment or the laser takes a while to warm up ... and the on-off cycling seems to fix it temporarily...

I'm pretty sure that a misbehaving/partially connected AR cart is capable of screwing up CD access. I've seen behavior that indicated this on my own system (immediately after inserting AR cart, there was strange CD behavior until AR was reseated; no further problems afterward), but only once. However, this doesn't sound like what's happening to you, since the problem still occurs with no AR cart inserted.

Do you have a modboard installed??

If you do then maybe it is loose or some cable isn't well connected and only works randomlly, and makes you thinks it is AR cart fault.

If you don't have a modboard, then it may be as Taelon said.

Originally posted by IBarracudaI@Sep. 20 2002, 9:11 am

Do you have a modboard installed??

If you do then maybe it is loose or some cable isn't well connected and only works randomlly, and makes you thinks it is AR cart fault.

If you don't have a modboard, then it may be as Taelon said.

Yes, I do have the Gamegizmo.com modboard installed. Thanks for the tips guys.. Does this mean my Satty is on her way out?

Back