DOH!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Cloud121

Website
www.geocities.com
####, I just broke my mod-chip. he blue wire broke off the chip. It's soldered onto the CD board perfectly. So is the red wire (it broke off while soldering, so my dad re-soldered. pretty solid). Thankfully where the wire was pre-soldered, there's still solder there. So it's "marked" where my dad needs to re-solder. Anyone else ever broken they're mod-chip? Can I just unplug the chip outta the ribbon slot, and plug the ribbon directly into the slot and play my commercial games? If I did that would I have to de-solder the red wire from the power source?

ExCyber

Staff member
"####, I just broke my mod-chip. he blue wire broke off the chip."

Unless it took the pad with it, your board is probably fine.

"Can I just unplug the chip outta the ribbon slot, and plug the ribbon directly into the slot and play my commercial games?"

I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

"If I did that would I have to de-solder the red wire from the power source?"

Not really. Without a ground connection it shouldn't draw any current anyway (aside from capacitor charging).

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
ummm, how did you break it? if you have a mod, and its installed and working, why dont you leave it alone?

Cloud121

Website
www.geocities.com
I was looking at ways I could remove the metal protecting the motherboard without hitting the red wire (like I said, it's a stretch) so I can do the 50/60 switch (that is if I have to, I don't know if I have to do that in order to get the VCD card I want to work) My hand struck the blue wire while looking at it and it broke off. No Steep Slope Sliders for a week :(

(Edited by Cloud121 at 11:53 pm on Feb. 16, 2002)

megametalgreymon

Website
Visit site
theres a really simple solution to the wire routing

make the wire longer

mine wouldn t even reach from the mboard to the power socket anyway when i got it, so i just soldered another length onto it, problem solved