Donpachiyour

Taelon

Established Member
Hmm. Downed and burned an ISO/MP3 copy of Donpachi. All works well, the game plays perfectly and the audio tracks on the CD sound clean as a bell - as do all the in-game sound FX.

Except for the speech. Y'know, the dude saying "You almost got him" etc. (Only played the game once so far so I don't remember all of it :) Anyway the guy's comments are all distorted and have noise and nasty spikes, making it sometimes hard to even understand him. Is this SUPPOSED to be like this?

Is the in-game speech in the original Donpachi distorted, too?

It doesn't even sound intentional, like air-traffic communications or CB radio (with the classic noise burst before and after transmissions). Just horrible...

Opinions?....

Well, see...for one thing, you didn't answer my question
tongue.gif
which was, is the voice SUPPOSED to be of such bad quality...and if it were a corrupted ISO...then what could the probability be of the voice being damaged but the rest of the game perfectly fine down to the last bit...you'd think it'd either not boot, or crash horribly at some point...right?

But I'd appreciate getting a proper ISO from ya... I'm on ICQ 26294073 and on AIM 'TaelonUSA' every late evening/night for hours..

Back