Don't you hate it when...

...your motherboard dies? It was an Abit BF6, came highly recommended and two days ago I couldn't turn it on when I woke up in the morning. Haven't had time to get a new one so I've been w/o computer since Sunday and probably won't get it up 'til Thursday at the earliest. Once I figure out what to do anyway. I suppose I could use this as an excuse to upgrade my processor (not that I really needed it. I need a video card more). I couldn't have had it any more than 3 years. My Packard Bell 486 POS from back in the day still runs fine. This is retarded. Grr. Anyway, I'm pissed to say the least. I should have seen it coming, my friend's Abit board was about as old when it died too. I'm thinking MSI this time around, I've heard good things about them too. So until I get it fixed I'm w/o computer at home
angry.gif
sad.gif
:cwm14 See ya in a few days (hopefully).

Um.

It's probably your power supply. I had a friend who had the same problem with that same mobo - turned out that he was using a cheap ass power supply that didn't put out enough to power his hardware.

Try that before you go all crazy replacing your mobo etc.

Originally posted by Cynnamin@June 24 2002,16:14

Um.

It's probably your power supply. I had a friend who had the same problem with that same mobo - turned out that he was using a cheap ass power supply that didn't put out enough to power his hardware.

Try that before you go all crazy replacing your mobo etc.

Hmm. I thought that too, but I think it's just the board. I also had a friend that had a similar Abit board and his died too. I'm thinking Abit is just overrated at this point. I had it diagnosed too since my dad didn't seem to believe me and they said it was the board as well. So I ended up buying a new AMD Athlon XP 1.47 processor and a board from MSI. If anyone needs computer parts I suggest http://www.newegg.com They have great prices and my stuff got here in two days from the other side of the country with regular shipping (which was also reasonable). Hopefully I'll have everything up and running by the end of the weekend.

Back