Download ShenSonic Demo2!

DON'T GET MISLEAD BY POWERQUEST'S PARTITION MAGIC!

I too, partitioned my hard drive into two partitions.

One day, I decided to resize my partitions to allow myself room to capture video. To my horrendous surprise, Partitionmagic Crashed in the middle of the process!!! So what happened? MY WHOLE #### HARD DRIVE WAS DEAD!

I had to format and reinstall everything.... All the stuff i had on my pc was gone... wiped out.... kaput

Piece of sh*t if you ask me. If you do use PM, (i still do)... only use it after you've formated your computer. After that, DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH THE SETTINGS!

I use Partition Magic for work ALL the time and havent had a single problem with it. 6 and 7 are GREAT!

I teach children how to use computers twice a week and the first lesson is: You cannot break that thing by using software! Yes, you can lose data, but that´s just lost time, no real physical damage. Everyone who has sensible data on his/her machine has to make backups, period. If you don´t, then it´s your fault when something happens.

And this "program paranoia" with all that Win3x-babble: I use Win2K and WinXP frequently and try Win3X and even DOS-applications and games regularly (before moving them to the old Win9x-machine) and it never occured to me that a game screwed up my pc. Sometimes stupid spyware tried to install itself, but we all know how to use Firewalls and AdAware, do we?

Being over-cautious can relieve you of a lot of anger, but in most cases you just pass out on opportunities to enjoy yourself.

Boy, was I busy during the past months. Glad to see this place is still alive, although it seems a little sleepy to me. Do you still remember the myspace days?

P.S.: Concerning Partition Magic: Just recovered a partition from a harddrive which was believed to be empty with it. Funny how careless some people are when auctioning things. Used it to setup my multi-boot-system btw, no problems whatsoever in resizing FAT32 and NTFS partitions. It sometimes APPEARS to have crashed, i.e. the graph won´t move at about 40% or so, just let it run overnight and all will be fine, even the drive light will just flash occasionally, let it run!

(Edited by Kommunisator at 4:43 am on Mar. 7, 2002)

Kommunikator is right. And Trenton net and others, can you program? Or program something like my game even with the game maker? Dont talk about something you dont know anything about...

I guarantee that it doesnt harm you system. The DLL`s are the DLL`s of the program I made it with,(http://www.clickteam.com) and they are needed in order to run the games made with the program. If you have them already in your system, you dont need to download them.

And about liking it, everyone cant like everything. Some think its superb or fantastic, some think its ok, some think it stinks! :)

I use partition magic for more than 5 years and until now I havent had a single problem.

Of course you must first partition you HDD and then install OS, softwares, etc

hey simsonic, it looks really cool! nice job

i agree with what everyone said. and i dont know how i would survive w/o partition magic. but yes, hard disc problems really suck. i remember when i was switching to ntfs from fat32 someone thought i wasnt using the computer (i had the monitor off) and simply pushed the power switch x_x

Hi SimSonic!

I'm not the only SFGHQ'er here then :p

The DLL's are standerd TGF/CnC/MMF Dll's. They are global for all games created with these programs. I really doubt it would cause any problums. If you worry about them screwing with your Windows/System Directory, place them in the same directory as the game and it should run fine.

My opinion? I haven't had time to really go through the SAGE booths, I'll post my opinion as soon as I have one.

Back