Dreamcast gun games

Which is the best DC light gun game?

And how many of them are there? I just picked up the light gun and Virtua Cop 2....

so far from info gathering on Google I've figured out that there are these gun games:

Virtua Cop 2

House of the Dead

Death Crimson Ox

Confidential Mission

It looks like Silent Scope doesn't use the gun... what a rip off.

Can anyone add anymore gun games to the list?

The only other lightgun game I can think of is Death Crimson 2 (but it is apparently awful).

I can highly recommend HOTD2 and Confidential Mission (although it is a bit short :()

Also with the European DC web browser (DreamKey) you can use the lightgun to control the cursor, which is fun for a few minutes.

I hope this helps :)

Not enough games support guns for DC or PSX. NES had several nice ones though. Hmm, maybe gun games are going obsolete...

Confidential Mission Sucked and didnt support the mouse, I should know as I own it and it supports the arcade stick, dont try playing light gun games with a arcade stick.........

duz anyone know if the version of vcop2 is any good?

btw what did it come with... coz i know that it wasnt available by itself...

Quote: from Shaneus on 10:05 pm on Nov. 23, 2001

duz anyone know if the version of vcop2 is any good?

btw what did it come with... coz i know that it wasnt available by itself...

i know my verson of the sega smash pack has virtua cop 2 with it.

the game is fine, no new extra modes or such, just improved graphics (i never played the sat. verson tho.) it supports both of the light guns i have (two american manufacturers.)

i always perfer confidential mission over virtua cop 2.

the DC version of vcop 2 was available as standalone game in japan, and was part of the sega smashpack cd in USA. it's rather good, not DC level graphics-wise, but if you liked VCop 2 on saturn, you'll like the DC version too.

Speaking of Gun games, I got a Mad katz gun today for 15$ (!) and when I play Hotd 2,vcop 2 or Confindintal Mission, why dont I see a Crosshair ?

VC2 is a conversion of the PC rev [I think]. I know it runs in DC's WinCE mode, and looks about the same.

I found that pretty interesting.

BTW, It's great if you're into gun games.

I have Confidential Mission also. Just haven't played it in sometime. It does support the mouse. Just plug the mouse in the 1st or 2nd socket to use it for that 1st or 2nd player respectively.

Ah, I see but It was a pain when I first played Confidential Mission with my gun today, I didnt kill the first bad guy, well I guess it was hard seeing no crossheir for the first time :)

Back