• Rise from your gwave!

Dreamcast pc server

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by Fabrizo, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

I have been trying all day, and I just cant get my PC server for my dreamcast to work. I can get up to the part where your supposed to use WinRoute Lite or WinRought Pro, but neather one of them will let me do anything. Winroute lite gives me the error:

WinRoute Lite engine could not be started:

Function WRInit() failed, code 2

After that didn't work for me the first time I read that WinRoute Pro might be able to work instead, but after starting it up and telling it to log in, it tells me "Connection was refused".

I only have one phone line and it is in use a lot, and thus was one of the main reason I got a cable modem for my PC. So can anyone help me with this?

2. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

How old is the DC?

3. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

About 10 months old.

4. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Well, I should have said what's the date of manufacture on the bottom of the DC?

5. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

I looked on the bottom of my DC, and I can't find any date as to when it was made.

6. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

It's on the bottom of the second silver section on the sticker.

7. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

It says it was prduced on July 2000.

8. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

The modem then is probably too new to do the DC to PC hookup. The server doesn't work with newer modems. Unfortunately, I cannot say how new too new is exactly, all I know is my friends Dec 1999 Dreamcast won't work with the server thing either.

9. Hatecrime69

Hatecrime69 New Member

yeah, some modems require the voltage from a real phone line for them to work (there is a way you can get by this though)

10. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

Would it be a good idea then if I were to exchange my modem for the one in the original DC's? I know someone IRL that bought their DC when the system was first released, and might be willing to trade off modems.

11. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Sure, because the problem is just with the modem, not the DC.

12. Smokeydabear

Smokeydabear New Member

oh christ, if people here dont know the damn answer. dont reply... it depends mostly on your PC and the PC modem. Lucent sould work fine because they are CPU dependent. if your running a NT format on your PC good fucking luck. it a bitch and took me forever. till i just installed win me.

~smokey

13. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

I do know the damn answer. I told it to him. STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.

14. Smokeydabear

Smokeydabear New Member

I do know the damn answer. I told it to him. STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.[/b][/quote]

if you and i were talking about the same thing, then i was not talking to you. you fucking crack head.

15. kyosuke75

kyosuke75 New Member

Does the dc to pc server work with broadband adapter?

Kyosuke75

16. Hatecrime69

Hatecrime69 New Member

Well if you have the bba the olny thing you would need that the pc to dc server uses is the proxy program (like winroute) with the bba it's no different than if you were getting a pc to do the same thing, so yes [​IMG]

Edit: if you were doing this for shareing broadband, you would need 2 network adaptors in your pc (cause you hopefully have your broadband modem hooked up through the first network card already)