Dreamcast pc server

I have been trying all day, and I just cant get my PC server for my dreamcast to work. I can get up to the part where your supposed to use WinRoute Lite or WinRought Pro, but neather one of them will let me do anything. Winroute lite gives me the error:

WinRoute Lite engine could not be started:

Function WRInit() failed, code 2

After that didn't work for me the first time I read that WinRoute Pro might be able to work instead, but after starting it up and telling it to log in, it tells me "Connection was refused".

I only have one phone line and it is in use a lot, and thus was one of the main reason I got a cable modem for my PC. So can anyone help me with this?

The modem then is probably too new to do the DC to PC hookup. The server doesn't work with newer modems. Unfortunately, I cannot say how new too new is exactly, all I know is my friends Dec 1999 Dreamcast won't work with the server thing either.

Would it be a good idea then if I were to exchange my modem for the one in the original DC's? I know someone IRL that bought their DC when the system was first released, and might be willing to trade off modems.

oh christ, if people here dont know the damn answer. dont reply... it depends mostly on your PC and the PC modem. Lucent sould work fine because they are CPU dependent. if your running a NT format on your PC good fucking luck. it a bitch and took me forever. till i just installed win me.

~smokey

Originally posted by Smokeydabear@April 24 2002,01:54

oh christ, if people here dont know the damn answer. dont reply... it depends mostly on your PC and the PC modem. Lucent sould work fine because they are CPU dependent. if your running a NT format on your PC good fucking luck. it a bitch and took me forever. till i just installed win me.

~smokey

I do know the damn answer. I told it to him. STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by FLEABttn+April 24 2002,08:38--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FLEABttn @ April 24 2002,08:38)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Smokeydabear@April 24 2002,01:54

~smokey

I do know the damn answer. I told it to him. STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.[/b][/quote]

if you and i were talking about the same thing, then i was not talking to you. you fucking crack head.

Well if you have the bba the olny thing you would need that the pc to dc server uses is the proxy program (like winroute) with the bba it's no different than if you were getting a pc to do the same thing, so yes
smile.gif

Edit: if you were doing this for shareing broadband, you would need 2 network adaptors in your pc (cause you hopefully have your broadband modem hooked up through the first network card already)

Back