DVD Problems

When I try to see any DVD with windvd it show no video at all, only sound. PowerDVD gives me a message like: Your TV output cant be disabled and this copy protected DVD wont run.....

The problem is that this hapened with ALL DVD I've tried. Can somebody help me?? :ph34r:

If you have tv output on, or even have it on your card... you may not be able to watch dvd's on your pc short of using some kind of authoring program or something.

You know, I'm not going to come out and say which program to use, because I could be wrong and it might not work. My graphics card does tv out, and dvd still works, but I suspect that's just because for some reason the dvd software can't detect that my pc has tv out, and never has been able to tell for some reason. In any case, if I was you, I'd go get a dvd ripper program, and see if you can successfully rip something. If not then tv out isn't your problem.

Try using Media Player to play the DVD. It uses different code from other DVD players out there. You just need one of them for the decoder.

I read about this a few months ago, maybe there's a connection- people were bitching about how the updated nvidia drivers crippled dvd playback, and recommended not to update (so I never did). Maybe another option is to use an older verion of dvd software. For your information, I have a GeForceMX400(has tv out, driver version is 4.13) and PowerDVD 4.0 and I don't have any problems. WinDVD 1.2.9 also works.

Well, I could play a non protected DVD with Power DVD 4.0 XP but the protected ones still don't play....

emazur, how old is your geforce drive??

your problem occurs because of macrovision right? I think that is the name of the protection... go to doom9.org and read up on it, maybe you can find some macrovision-free programs.

Yeah, I use this program called DVD Region-Free and it works great for disabling Macrovision-I watch DVD's using my TV-out all the time. Also it works with several different programs, and you can add a program to its 'watch list' if you choose. It also lets you watch other region DVD's without having to change the region of the drive.

Back