eighties music

Gallstaff

Established Member
Ok well i just want to know if i'm the only one. I was hardly even alive int he eighties but i'd choose music from that decade over any other. It just has a certian sort of charm. I dunno maybe i'm insane but i do love eighties music. What about the rest of you. I mean this is a sega site so if you GREW UP playign sega you probably were exposed to this.

Yeah, but can you be more specific? I, myself love ska, (an English Beat CD is always in my changer)

I don't think music in the Eighties was any different to most other decades.. Most of the stuff in the charts was crap and there was some amazing stuff elsewhere.

Maybe the thing people think music in that decade was worse than others is because of the horrendous fashion that goes with it.

Hell yeah! I prefer the eighties over any of decade of music. Not to mention, eighties movies were the best! As for my favorite? Def Leppard. Not just my favorite eighties, but my favorite period (Anyone seen the new video? It's pretty sweet!)

Originally posted by Myname@Sep. 12 2002, 4:15 pm

I don't think music in the Eighties was any different to most other decades.. Most of the stuff in the charts was crap and there was some amazing stuff elsewhere.

Maybe the thing people think music in that decade was worse than others is because of the horrendous fashion that goes with it.

dude those clothes were cool. I have a friend who still dresses like that but she knows it's messed up. She pulls if off somehow though. Big ring earings, black and white stripped socks, cut off shorts, always ALWAYS has gum and the classic pink and green scrunchies.

Most of my favourite music comes from the late eighties/early nineties. The music from that time is far better than the crap that comes out now.

I love 80's music. But does this have any tie in with GTA:Vice City and their plan to release 7 CDs worth of 80's music? :
wink.gif
:

No... waoh wait they're putting out cds? Cool. This makes me wonder, are those songs gonna be authentic eighties songs?

Here it is, from the site:

---

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Soundtrack

Rockstar Games and Sony Music Entertainment proudly announce a landmark collaboration to release the soundtrack for the highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Rockstar Games and Sony Music have joined forces to release seven simultaneous soundtrack albums on October 29th concurrent with the launch of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system in the United States. The soundtracks will be released on the Epic Records label.

The Grand Theft Auto: Vice City soundtrack albums will be the definitive 80's music collection, with each album containing musical tracks from one of the numerous radio stations featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Each album will replicate a station from the in-game 1980's radio FM dial, ranging from Heavy Metal and Soul to Hip-Hop and Pop Ballads. Players will once again have the ability to tune the radio station in every car that they carjack to one of many stations of their choice. The radio stations in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will feature the largest selection of music ever assembled for a video game with over eighty staggering tracks from artists such as Judas Priest, Blondie, Flock of Seagulls, Kool and the Gang, Hall and Oates, Grandmaster Flash, Cutting Crew and many, many more that span the entire musical spectrum of the period.

---

Needless to say, 80s fans, rejoice.
biggrin.gif

I was born in 1980 and I like that music very much.

It is a bit difficult to say the typical pure 80´s music, there were pop, heavy, rock... Perhaps the pure 80´s is tecnopop, I mean the same pop of always with a good use of synthesizers.

Queen is my favourite group, they had great moments in the eighties but they are from the seventies. From the eighties we can think of: Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Spandau Ballet, the Cure, R.E.M., Eurythmics and very succesfull albums such as Thriller (Michael Jackson), Like a virgin (Madonna), Let´s Dance (David Bowie), Born in the USA (Bruce Springteen), Regatta de Blanc (the Police)

There were good and bad music, maybe the fashion is a problem because many people hate the 80s music more because of this than the music itself.

I like 80's music. I wish I could live in that decade. Too bad I was born in 1983. I was a little kid for the decade. I like music like Huey Lewis and the News, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Billy Idol and some Michael Jackson. I would do anything to live in the 80's.

I will probably pick up the whole Vice City soundtrack when it gets released, I should pick up the game also. Besides the game has to be good too (Of course it will be), since it is set in the 80's.

This thread is frightening me..

I'm afraid I'll have to differ with you there Cavera, I wouldn't particularly want a return to the 80's here in the UK. Margaret Thatcher, what a piece of work..

Originally posted by Myname@Sep. 12 2002, 8:20 pm

This thread is frightening me..

I'm afraid I'll have to differ with you there Cavera, I wouldn't particularly want a return to the 80's here in the UK. Margaret Thatcher, what a piece of work..

I am sorry about you. But in the US, it was the time when Regan ruled! President Ronald Regan was cool.

To me the eighties was all about the club scene. i was single, early twenties and living in NYC. Do I need to say more? My fashion sense was more Spandau Ballet'ish. It was a very fun decade!

Back