Emulators and about the TG16 in general

Is there any news of a good emulator that can play Turbo CD games? I only found one called Magic Engine, but it is shareware. Are there any others?

Also, I am very confused about what the TG/PCE/Turbo can and cant do and all these differnt versions (both cd and non cd) and cards for it. Is there a faq anywhere?

Can it play imported and/or copied games?

Is a Turbo Graphics 16 CD, a Turbo CD, and a PCE CD the same thing?

I am asking because I found for $9 a game based on an anime series that I really like for the PC Eengine CD.

Well there YAME and Hogo and I thought three was one other that can play cds for emulators.

I don't feel like running through all the different systems and system cards so maybe someone else will do that

Most cds tiles are region free except for a few that will only work on a Japanese system or with a certain system card. Hucards you need a converter for.

You can play backups on your system withouts any mods.

PCE is the Japanese name where as Turbo, Turbo cd or Turbo Grafx 16 are the uS names.

Okayyyyy........

Magic Engine plays up until the part Lum flies into the city then just stays there (a.k.a. the beginning of the intro)

Yame......... I cant figure out how to use it

HuDx....... the menu options do NOTHING, load, save, boot cd, its like I am not even clicking on the menu options. All it does is play the built-in arkanoid.

Any ideas?

Since I have no idea what title your tring to get to work. For Magic Engine download a system card and don't use the magic system cards that come with it. For YAME just load up the system card and have a cd in the cd drive and it should work fine. Hugo I have no experience with. You might want to check combatiability for the emulators. I think there are lists for Hugo and Magic Engine. Since Yame was made by a Japanese guy and most people don't know about it I don't think there combatibility charts for that emulator.

The game in magic engine boots but hangs (or at least appears to)

Yame, I cannot get it to run, there is a cd in the correct drive, but I dont know hwo to get it to run, anything I press starts a built-in shooter game.

And HuDx I cant even get to WORK! It ignores any menu command I choose.

Back