Error in SaturnOrbit

Whenever I start SO I get the following error:

"There doesn't seem to be a GNU Make file in PATH or in Dev-C++'s Bin Path".

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Specs:

GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

AMD Dual Core 4200+

Windows XP Service Pack 2

No idea, but I tried installing it under Vista and I get a whole slew of file not found and path errors from the compiler when it tries to make all the included samples after install.

1magus said:
Whenever I start SO I get the following error:

"There doesn't seem to be a GNU Make file in PATH or in Dev-C++'s Bin Path".

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Specs:

GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

AMD Dual Core 4200+

Windows XP Service Pack 2

Hello, every new user reports this error. It's because the installer does not set the .ini-file for Dev-Cpp. So you have to set it manually:

Open C:/SaturnOrbit/devcpp.exe

Select "Tools", then "Environment Settings" and in the 3rd Tab named "Files/.." set the external configuration file to "C:\SaturnOrbit\devcpp.ini".

Then close dev-cpp and reopen it and woo, it works!

The problems under Vista are related to the compiler itself that is included with SaturnOrbit; I do not know if the latest compiler from KPIT GNU Tools fixes this, but as of late December the problems still existed. The first poster was merely having troubles with the IDE.

1magus, do you plan to do some dev on Saturn ? It would rock, also there is a nice dev contest running.

Also, SO is installed on c:\SaturnOrbit dir. to have all the .bat files and such working, the SO dir must have this short name: c:\Saturn~1

So if you already have a dir starting with Saturn... on c:, this dir has the saturn~1 short name and the SO dir has saturn~2 => it will not work.

Back