Estimate how many games were made?

Lets see if anyone here can get a accuratish estimate of how many games were made for the Mega Drive,Mega CD and 32X.

I tried looking outta boredom and got very weird answers from all over the web anywhere from 500 to just over a thousand for MD carts.

I seem to have found this : (averages)

708 MD Carts

138 Mega CD games

15?? 32X games?????? surely that cant be right?

Well this is what I can tell you more or less.

32x had 26 in europe, 36 in US, 18 in Japan

SCD approx. 120-140 in US, 110-130 Europe, 150-180 Japan

Genesis/MD approx. 730 in North America, at least 540 (total probably near 800-900) in PAL regions, approx 500-600 in Japan

My Japanese MD estimate may be off a bit. We haven't got all the games in the DB yet so I can't give a better number.

If you wish you are welcome to go and count the official Sega Published games and the 3rd Party published games from Sega's official lists.

Ok the thing is are people counting the same game as 2 different versions?

IE - Streets of Rage = Bare Knuckle etc???

Just a thought that would explain some crazy Jap numbers as I heard most games there had a different title to there US,Europe counterparts(but were the same game) on the Mega Drive and Sega-CD don`t know about 32X.

SegaFreak:

Do you happen to have the item numbers and barcodes for Primal Rage & Stellar Assault Mega 32X (PAL)?

I found little thumbnails of the covers on the net, but precious little other information.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Nov 3, 2003 @ 08:26 PM

why do we have more genesis games games in japan, that doesnt make sense

Because the MD was never as popular as other systems in Japan at the time so wasn't as well supported as the SFC or PCE.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Mon, 2003-11-03 @ 12:41 PM

Well this is what I can tell you more or less.

32x had 26 in europe, 36 in US, 18 in Japan

SCD approx. 120-140 in US, 110-130 Europe, 150-180 Japan

Genesis/MD approx. 730 in North America, at least 540 (total probably near 800-900) in PAL regions, approx 500-600 in Japan

[post=81634]Quoted post[/post]​

That's a bit suprising, I was under the impression that the 32X, much like the MegaCD and Saturn, were a tad more popular in Europe than the US.

Certainly Europe has some exclusive games, Darxide springing to mind.

Back