Eternal Champions S-CD help

I downloaded the EC iso, and played it, but whenever I get to the endings, it freezes up. Has this been a problem for anyone else? Also, though I numbered the MP3's, they still don't play.

Are you using Gens to play it. If you are, then you should try enabling the Perfect Synchro. It "might" solve your problems of the game freezing.

Well, I'm not sure what it does either, but you can find it under the CPU tab. Sometimes enabling this does help to stop games that freeze at a certain point, but sometimes it doesn't. Just hope for the best.
cool.gif

Thanks Jurai for your constructive input. However, in many cases ISO + decent quality MP3 is more than adequate. Or do you think everyone should rip their music CDs without bothering to compress the resulting files into one of those evil lossy formats, be it MP3/AAC/Ogg or whatever?

Originally posted by Jurai@May 25, 2003 @ 04:27 PM

iso+mp3 is lame++ for segacd, get a bin/cue

Unless you are on cable and dont have any download caps then bin/cue files may be appealing to most people. I can download 15gig a month on my current cable plan (this will change once the yearly contract runs out)and would much prefer to download a 60meg iso/mp3 game rather than download the same game as a bin/cue at 500meg.

Another pain about downloading bin/cue files is that i cannot convert US or Jap games to Euro, so i can play them on my Aussie Mega Cd. Not only do i have to wait an extra half a day to download a bin/cue (i may have a 500kb connection but the ftps you find these bin/cues in are still slow), i also have to convert it to iso/mp3.

You really dont show gratitude in what people are offering for free, but instead show selfishness.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@May 25, 2003 @ 11:50 PM

Thanks Jurai for your constructive input. However, in many cases ISO + decent quality MP3 is more than adequate. Or do you think everyone should rip their music CDs without bothering to compress the resulting files into one of those evil lossy formats, be it MP3/AAC/Ogg or whatever?

iso+mp3 burns delay audio improperly on hardware, regardless of if pauses are set to 0

ISO+MP3, as I stated before, is more than adequate in many (not all) cases. If its a game that (like many Sega CD games) loads the level/area into memory and then just plays the CD audio as you chug along, it makes virtually no difference. Some games I would not download/create with ISO+MP3, but for most it works great and saves lots of space, even at high bitrates.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@May 27, 2003 @ 10:58 PM

ISO+MP3, as I stated before, is more than adequate in many (not all) cases. If its a game that (like many Sega CD games) loads the level/area into memory and then just plays the CD audio as you chug along, it makes virtually no difference. Some games I would not download/create with ISO+MP3, but for most it works great and saves lots of space, even at high bitrates.

and as i said the audio starts up late and isnt true to the original so stfu

I remember 2 years ago, there was alot of discussion here about delays in audio with iso/mp3 uploads. If you rip the audio with a decent audio ripper, you will not get delays in your game audio. One very likely way you will recieve long delays in audio is if you use binchunker to convert your bin/cue's to iso/wave then using an audio program to convert to mp3 before an upload. This gave me (if my memory serves me corectly) about 5 second delays on the audio.

What i do is convert the bin to iso and use Musicmatch jukebox to rip the audio tracks.

Originally posted by Jurai@May 28, 2003 @ 05:00 AM

Oh my! Here you are again, pissing on everyone else. As I was saying, a very short audio delay is not a problem with background music. It loads and plays in the background, so unless you screw the rip up real bad it is fine. The delay would be (and has proven to be) very very minimal. If it is a game with videos synced to CDA, thats one thing. If its just background music, it doesnt matter.

Jurai is prolly referring to the whooping 2 seconds delay that is present in a good amount of Sega CD games.

Yo, tool, that's not due the compression. It's due retarted people using Nero to rip their tracks and leaving the "add pause between tracks" option on.

It absolutely sucks when it's a game with real-time cutscenes, and the dialogue is AWAY off-sync. That happened when I downloaded Lunar, Snatcher, Arcus Odyssey and a buncha others.

Snatcher, as example, wouldn't let me watch the super-cool intro, because the audio track for the first intro (the one that tells about the snatchers, the catastrophe and ends with the Snatcher logo being scratched by claws) had the original silence in the end *DELETED*, and the game wouldn't move onto the 2nd intro.

It took me a good deal of time to fix all tracks. But they are still in MP3 format, and no delay is noticeable, unless you are some sort of bat that can consciously detect an audio delay of a few milliseconds.

Originally posted by M3d10n@May 29, 2003 @ 12:27 PM

Jurai is prolly referring to the whooping 2 seconds delay that is present in a good amount of Sega CD games.

Yo, tool, that's not due the compression. It's due retarted people using Nero to rip their tracks and leaving the "add pause between tracks" option on.

It absolutely sucks when it's a game with real-time cutscenes, and the dialogue is AWAY off-sync. That happened when I downloaded Lunar, Snatcher, Arcus Odyssey and a buncha others.

Snatcher, as example, wouldn't let me watch the super-cool intro, because the audio track for the first intro (the one that tells about the snatchers, the catastrophe and ends with the Snatcher logo being scratched by claws) had the original silence in the end *DELETED*, and the game wouldn't move onto the 2nd intro.

It took me a good deal of time to fix all tracks. But they are still in MP3 format, and no delay is noticeable, unless you are some sort of bat that can consciously detect an audio delay of a few milliseconds.

a few milliseconds like 2000?

Back